AirPods Question

Discussion in 'iPhone 7' started by topcat84, Sep 9, 2016.

1. Mthoroughbred

Mthoroughbred Contributor
    Silver

IMG_0012.JPG IMG_0011.JPG image.jpg Here they are!!!!! I do have to admit though wish that they had the Apple AirPods w1 magic lol

#161 Mthoroughbred, Jan 11, 2017
    Last edited: Jan 11, 2017
  2. topcat84

topcat84 Contributor
    Bronze

Hi Guys!!
    Did you buy the Bragi Headphones from their website? I couldn't find them for sale anywhere else and also their website says it's a pre-order. Does that mean it'll be awhile before they're shipped? Thanks in advance!! Cheers!!

3. Mthoroughbred

Silver

I ordered them on December 14 and got them 01/11/2017 and yes I got them from their website. So far these things are a go!!!

4. liberated

liberated Genius
    Gold

I ordered from their site in September when they first announced them at a deep discount $119 I believe. It says preorder on their site now but they are shipping, the challenge will be to get them in a timely manner. They said that their supplier is slowly increasing their throughput. They are selling these faster than they can make them at the moment. If you want them I'd look at eBay or order from their site.

5. topcat84

topcat84 Contributor
    Bronze

Thanks for the info guys!! Cheers!!

6. liberated

liberated Genius
    Gold

Heads up! Just got an email from Bragi, the headphones now in stock for immediate purchase!

7. timscookie

timscookie New Member

Did they say what percentage of people this affects? I've never felt the new style bundled ones fit snuggly enough.

8. Mthoroughbred

Silver

1%

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

9. timscookie

timscookie New Member

Interesting. Not sure whether to laugh or cry.

10. Rafagon

Rafagon Genius
    Gold

If you’re willing to risk it, Samsung (!?) is selling some wireless fitness earbuds that supposedly include an activity tracker for $130.

You eardrums may experience some toastiness as a result, but at least you would have tried the underdog’s wireless earphones.

11. Mthoroughbred

Silver

They are called the Icon X and the fitness side of those earphones is Samsung phones only. The battery life is around an hour at best. Battery life is really bad though I did hear that they sound good for whatever that's worth. lol

• Informative Informative x 1
    • List
  12. timscookie

timscookie New Member

I've been reading some Bragi reviews on Amazon and quite a few people have said that the connectivity is horrible, even with the latest firmware, with some saying they literally need to in the line of sight of your device to stop the sound going in and out. How are you guys finding them?

13. Mthoroughbred

Silver

I have read the same thing about the Bragi Dash. The ones that I have are the Bragi The Headphone and I haven't had any problems with them. They sound really good

#173 Mthoroughbred, Jan 18, 2017
    Last edited: Jan 18, 2017
  14. imutter

imutter Genius
    Gold

My husband has hijacked the Bragi Headphones . I like the air pods and prefer this style over in ear headphones they are not comfortable to me. Over the ear are just heavy and not so portable. My son wears his all day long. My hair will get caught sometimes

15. liberated

liberated Genius
    Gold

I have both the dash and headphones by Bragi. I've had no connectivity issues with either. Maybe there's some bad units out in the wild?

16. imutter

imutter Genius
    Gold

This was my initial worry loosing the case. My kids pair was swiped in school a day prior Apple releasing the new beta with the find my airpod" feature . We are still waiting for his replacement. I ordered PodPockets and they just got in . I wish Apple had thought about a small loop or something ......
    [​IMG]

17. Hondamaker

Hondamaker Genius
    Gold

I had to ditch my AirPods. The fit was terrible for me. Guess my ears don't wanna conform with the norm. I sold them on Ebay for a whopping $210.00, then bought the new BeatsX. They fit and sound wonderful.

18. Napoleon PhoneApart

Senior Moderator

I tried Mindi's and was actually surprised at the sound quality and fit of her AirPods. Sound quality was decent, though less detailed than much cheaper Bluetooth headphones I own (and I'm talking inexpensive but great-sounding). Fit was great, at least for my ears.

19. overthemoon

overthemoon New Member

LOL do they really sound better than the AirPods?? That does not reflect well on Apple.

20. Napoleon PhoneApart

Senior Moderator

Yes. I paid about $18 for them and made a set of ugly custom earpieces for them for about $10 more. However, they don't have all the high-tech bells and whistles that the Airpods do. They sound great, though, and that's the most important criterion for me.