AirPods Question

topcat84

Contributor
Bronze
Jun 28, 2007
Hi Guys!!
Did you buy the Bragi Headphones from their website? I couldn't find them for sale anywhere else and also their website says it's a pre-order. Does that mean it'll be awhile before they're shipped? Thanks in advance!! Cheers!!

liberated

Genius
Gold
Jul 19, 2007
Hi Guys!!
Did you buy the Bragi Headphones from their website? I couldn't find them for sale anywhere else and also their website says it's a pre-order. Does that mean it'll be awhile before they're shipped? Thanks in advance!! Cheers!!
I ordered from their site in September when they first announced them at a deep discount $119 I believe. It says preorder on their site now but they are shipping, the challenge will be to get them in a timely manner. They said that their supplier is slowly increasing their throughput. They are selling these faster than they can make them at the moment. If you want them I'd look at eBay or order from their site.

Jan 14, 2017
Ok went to the Apple Store today to try out the airpods and unfortunately I'm one of the few that do not have compatible ears apparently. They slid right out of my ears. The sound was ok but the fit sucked. Just cancelled my online order. I had intended to use airpods strictly for my iMac at home but I'll be sticking with Bragi.
Did they say what percentage of people this affects? I've never felt the new style bundled ones fit snuggly enough.

Rafagon

Genius
Gold
Dec 7, 2011
Miami, Florida
If you’re willing to risk it, Samsung (!?) is selling some wireless fitness earbuds that supposedly include an activity tracker for $130.

You eardrums may experience some toastiness as a result, but at least you would have tried the underdog’s wireless earphones.

Mthoroughbred

Zealot
Silver
Dec 16, 2008
If you’re willing to risk it, Samsung (!?) is selling some wireless fitness earbuds that supposedly include an activity tracker for $130.

You eardrums may experience some toastiness as a result, but at least you would have tried the underdog’s wireless earphones.
They are called the Icon X and the fitness side of those earphones is Samsung phones only. The battery life is around an hour at best. Battery life is really bad though I did hear that they sound good for whatever that's worth. lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jan 14, 2017
I've been reading some Bragi reviews on Amazon and quite a few people have said that the connectivity is horrible, even with the latest firmware, with some saying they literally need to in the line of sight of your device to stop the sound going in and out. How are you guys finding them?

Mthoroughbred

Zealot
Silver
Dec 16, 2008
I've been reading some Bragi reviews on Amazon and quite a few people have said that the connectivity is horrible, even with the latest firmware, with some saying they literally need to in the line of sight of your device to stop the sound going in and out. How are you guys finding them?
I have read the same thing about the Bragi Dash. The ones that I have are the Bragi The Headphone and I haven't had any problems with them. They sound really good

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

liberated

Genius
Gold
Jul 19, 2007
I have both the dash and headphones by Bragi. I've had no connectivity issues with either. Maybe there's some bad units out in the wild?

imutter

Genius
Gold
Apr 4, 2011
Somewhere between DC and Baltimore.
I got my hand on 2 pair of the AirPods - Christmas was saved. My son loves his and told me he he can now finally charge his phone again, while listening music. He wonders if they fit under the Lacrosse helmet.
My biggest worry is actually loosing the charging case. They are the size of travel size floss, light weight and slippery. I dropped it twice pulling my phone out of my Hoodie pocket. They get lost easy in my purse and I will get a bigger pouch or something for my kids sports and school bags. A little loop to add some small strap would be nice.
This was my initial worry loosing the case. My kids pair was swiped in school a day prior Apple releasing the new beta with the find my airpod" feature . We are still waiting for his replacement. I ordered PodPockets and they just got in . I wish Apple had thought about a small loop or something ......

Hondamaker

Genius
Gold
May 14, 2007
Fairborn, Ohio
I had to ditch my AirPods. The fit was terrible for me. Guess my ears don't wanna conform with the norm. I sold them on Ebay for a whopping $210.00, then bought the new BeatsX. They fit and sound wonderful.

Napoleon PhoneApart

Senior Moderator
Jun 19, 2007
Upper Marlboro, MD
I had to ditch my AirPods. The fit was terrible for me. Guess my ears don't wanna conform with the norm. I sold them on Ebay for a whopping $210.00, then bought the new BeatsX. They fit and sound wonderful.
I tried Mindi's and was actually surprised at the sound quality and fit of her AirPods. Sound quality was decent, though less detailed than much cheaper Bluetooth headphones I own (and I'm talking inexpensive but great-sounding). Fit was great, at least for my ears.

Jan 26, 2017
I tried Mindi's and was actually surprised at the sound quality and fit of her AirPods. Sound quality was decent, though less detailed than much cheaper Bluetooth headphones I own (and I'm talking inexpensive but great-sounding). Fit was great, at least for my ears.
LOL do they really sound better than the AirPods?? That does not reflect well on Apple.

Napoleon PhoneApart

Senior Moderator
Jun 19, 2007
Upper Marlboro, MD
LOL do they really sound better than the AirPods?? That does not reflect well on Apple.
Yes. I paid about $18 for them and made a set of ugly custom earpieces for them for about $10 more. However, they don't have all the high-tech bells and whistles that the Airpods do. They sound great, though, and that's the most important criterion for me.