Alarm clock app

Jet0042

Nov 10, 2010
Greater Toronto Area
Tried nightstand last night, works well but really uses the battery. Turned it on at 12:30 am and the low battery alarm sounded at 7:30 am still a great app, I am just going to plug it in the charging cable when I travel!

Sent from my iPhone using iCafe app

Caspercom

Sep 19, 2010
Maarssen, Netherlands
Sleep cycle. It's not exactly an alarm clock, as you have to put your device next to your pillow with the screen down, but it knows thanks to the accelerometer when you're closest to waking up and plays the alarm at that point (at most 30 minutes before you really have to wake up).

…this thread just reminded me that I have to get up again in about 5 hours. G'night people! *sets up alarm*

Terry M.

Contributor
Silver
Feb 27, 2009
Des Moines, Iowa
Nightstand is working good for me the last couple nights. However, I have it plugged in and charging on my bedside table so I can't speak to the battery drain.

Sent from my iPhone using iCafe app

silvermoon

Evangelist
Gold
Jul 17, 2013
Washington
What app do you use to wake you up in the morning? The stock alarm works fine, but I'm looking for a replacement. It's not that there is anything wrong with the stock alarm, just I find it too basic. This could be said for quite a few of the stock apps.. Reminders, Calendar, Camera, Passbook just to name a few.

Ledsteplin

Genius
Gold
Oct 29, 2013
Florence, AL
What app do you use to wake you up in the morning? The stock alarm works fine, but I'm looking for a replacement. It's not that there is anything wrong with the stock alarm, just I find it too basic. This could be said for quite a few of the stock apps.. Reminders, Calendar, Camera, Passbook just to name a few.
I use the alarm in the stock clock app. I have it set to play Sweet Home Alabama. I've tried a couple of alarm clock apps, but they have to stay on all night using battery.

Europa

Senior Moderator
Dec 12, 2008
Utah
What doesn't it do that you would like it to do? It's works great for me. It's very reliable. I wouldn't want to have to worry about a third party app closing for various reasons and therefore not waking me up.

silvermoon

Evangelist
Gold
Jul 17, 2013
Washington
It didn't work for me this morning. I set the alarm for 7 am and went to bed at 5 am. I woke up at 11:30 am so I can't even be sure the alarm went off. This has happened on another occasion where I set the alarm thinking I'll wake up on time and then I sleep through the alarm.

Europa

Senior Moderator
Dec 12, 2008
Utah
The alarm symbol was showing next to the clock. In the past, I have used Siri to set alarms. This one I set manually.
It's usually user error. The only exception is the Daylight Savings bug on recurring alarms that has affected Apple users. That was resolved long ago, though. You may have forgotten to toggle it on after setting the time. If it had gone off and you didn't hear it, you'd see the snooze button on the screen when you woke up even if it was hours later and the sound had stopped playing. It plays for fifteen minutes and then stops if there is no response. Another possibility is that you didn't have the volume up. The phone can be muted, but the volume depends on how you have it set.

Europa

Senior Moderator
Dec 12, 2008
Utah
It didn't work for me this morning. I set the alarm for 7 am and went to bed at 5 am. I woke up at 11:30 am so I can't even be sure the alarm went off. This has happened on another occasion where I set the alarm thinking I'll wake up on time and then I sleep through the alarm.
Be sure the volume is all the way up and the phone is nearby. If the max volume isn't loud enough to wake you, a third party app won't help. You'll need to get a loud alarm clock in that case.

silvermoon

Evangelist
Gold
Jul 17, 2013
Washington
Be sure the volume is all the way up and the phone is nearby. If the max volume isn't loud enough to wake you, a third party app won't help. You'll need to get a loud alarm clock in that case.
I checked the volume and it was half way up, but I suspect as you said that it was user error. Most likely, I forgot to toggle the alarm after I set it. Siri does this for you automatically so I probably was too tired to notice.