Alarm Clock issue please help

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

alb0zf1n3st

Silver
Jul 2, 2007
Turned off or just in Sleep? I hope you don't mean turned off completely and actually think the alarm is going to ring

alb0zf1n3st

Silver
Jul 2, 2007
rofl you know what I was thinking the same thing I was like does the alarm clock by your bed work if you unplug it? give it a try and let us know in the morning but i didn't wanna be the one to say it haha

alb0zf1n3st

Silver
Jul 2, 2007
I couldnt have done better myself . Good Job.. Honestly I don't flame much but its kind of like the dumb posts that get to you...

Headie_Fishing

Bronze
Jul 16, 2007
Turned off or just in Sleep? I hope you don't mean turned off completely and actually think the alarm is going to ring
Cut the guy a little break. In his defense I had a Sony Ericsson W60i whose alarm would go off even when the phone was turned off. I found this to be an excellent feature. If your battery is low when you go to bed and you're relying on your cell phone to wake you up, you can simple turn it off with confidence that there will be enough power left to power the alarm.

alb0zf1n3st

Silver
Jul 2, 2007
When the Sony Ericsson is completely off? I dunno find it a little hard to believe when a phone is off its off ... but you are the one who had it I didn't so I guess so..

Headie_Fishing

Bronze
Jul 16, 2007
Yeh, I loved the thing for it. Was actually I little disappointed when my last two phones didn't have it. Hands down that Sony Ericsson had the best features out of any phone I've had to date. Don't get me wrong I love my iPhone.

alb0zf1n3st

Silver
Jul 2, 2007
not bad not bad didn't know that... lol never heard of it but then again before this I was just a nextel guy and there haven't been to mean feature rich phones lol

Silverado

Bronze
Jul 6, 2007
Another reason to cut some slack, Treo's can't be turned completely off... You can only turn the phone part on/off and turn the screen on/off. So you cannot stop the alarm from going off unless the battery is dead (or you take it out).

Lazarus

Bronze
Jun 6, 2007
Miami
come on people there is no need to be stupid or maybe this is your first cell phone. That being the case all other cell phones on this planet are able to be turned off completely not sleep mode and turn on automatically by itself with the alarm set. Hell the pearl even has an auto off&on

Lazarus

Bronze
Jun 6, 2007
Miami
look who's calling the kettle black, you've never even had a cell phone with an alarm that works properly. Well thx for the answer but a simple NO would of been just fine. I'll just go back to using my SonyEricsson w810i. I can probably use it as an alarm clock for a year on one charge anyway.

ColsTiger

Zealot
Gold
Mar 8, 2007
Columbus, GA
The alarm works on other cell phones when you power it off. It's not unreasonable to think it would work that way on the iPhone.

I've owned Samsungs, Nokias, and Motorolas and they all would ring the alarm when the phone was powered off.

cdoyle

Bronze
Jul 9, 2007
Yes my old motorola would turn on when the alarm would go off i would push exit on the phone and then the phone would turn off or, i would push ok and the phone would turn on..this is not a stupid question.

ColsTiger

Zealot
Gold
Mar 8, 2007
Columbus, GA
Yes my old motorola would turn on when the alarm would go off i would push exit on the phone and then the phone would turn off or, i would push ok and the phone would turn on..this is not a stupid question.
No it's not. I was actually a little disappointed when this didn't work on the iPhone for me.

sacsig

Jul 7, 2007
I had a a Samsung x427 that did not to be on for the alarm to go off. It's an awesome feature if you use your phone to wake up and you don't want people calling you in the middle of the night