Alarm Clock issue please help

vansouza

Bronze
Jul 11, 2007
Las Vegas, NV USA
www.usheroes.us
Depends how you define off...

Turning something off means there is no power to it... like be sure the disposal is off before you put your hand in it... not a little off or semi-off... but dead off. How can something work if it is off... now if it is in sleep mode ok... but off is off ... not so?

TrippalHealicks

Gold
Mar 2, 2007
The alarm works on other cell phones when you power it off. It's not unreasonable to think it would work that way on the iPhone.

I've owned Samsungs, Nokias, and Motorolas and they all would ring the alarm when the phone was powered off.
That's crazy, I neve knew that!
Of course, I never turn my phones off for any reason other than resetting it....

Hondamaker

Genius
Gold
May 14, 2007
Fairborn, Ohio
Allow me to ask you a question in effort to answer your question.

Set the alarm on the clock that is next to your bed. Now unplug it. Go to sleep. Check and see if the alarm wakes you.

Yes. The phone must have power.

I'm cold. I know.
MY SLVRs alarm would still work if the phone was turned off, so not all phones have to be on, Mr. Smartass.

JeffBobula

Bronze
Apr 20, 2007
Madison, Wisconsin
another alarm clock question, is it just me or the snooze 20 minutes long with no way to make it shorter?

I agree...my Treo alarm was way better! Louder, better snooze features...etc.

Id still use my Treo as my alarm but Im giving it to my paps.

I hope they give us more Alarm features in an update...but Im not holding my breath.

gwiz

Oct 9, 2007
Sony walkman phone...

Before my iPhone, my SE W810i's alarm would work, with the phone on or off. It was a nice feature.

salanester

Oct 9, 2007
Unplugged Alarm Clock

Allow me to ask you a question in effort to answer your question.

Set the alarm on the clock that is next to your bed. Now unplug it. Go to sleep. Check and see if the alarm wakes you.

Yes. The phone must have power.

I'm cold. I know.
Yes, it would go off if unplugged, thats what that nifty little 9volt is for that most alarm clocks made this century have. The Sony Ericsson 810i's alarm goes off when the phone is off, as did a couple of my other phones. So, it wasn't that off the wall of a question.

oxide-tones

Aug 27, 2007
Yes, it would go off if unplugged, thats what that nifty little 9volt is for that most alarm clocks made this century have. The Sony Ericsson 810i's alarm goes off when the phone is off, as did a couple of my other phones. So, it wasn't that off the wall of a question.
Blackberries do that too

rumpelgeist

Bronze
Jun 20, 2007
When the Sony Ericsson is completely off? I dunno find it a little hard to believe when a phone is off its off ... but you are the one who had it I didn't so I guess so..
Indeed, he is correct! I too used to use a Sony Ericsson. AND YES, with the phone COMPLETELY OFF, the alarm will go off as scheduled. In addition, my wife's old LG phone functioned the same way.

So, as stated, cut the original poster some slack. I'm quite certain that he is smart enough to know that if he unplugs his alarm clock, nothing is going to happen. Not so with all cell phones.

Rumpelgeist

rumpelgeist

Bronze
Jun 20, 2007
Yes my old motorola would turn on when the alarm would go off i would push exit on the phone and then the phone would turn off or, i would push ok and the phone would turn on..this is not a stupid question.
The only truly stupid question is a question not asked!

:)

Rumpelgeist