Alarm Clock not tied to System Volume?

1. Mickeylittle

Mickeylittle Zealot
    Bronze

I need an app that I can set alarms to that will override whether or not I have my iPhone 4S on vibrate mode and still play the ringtone that I have selected. Please tell me that I don't have to jailbreak to do this!

Thanks!

2. RoofMonkey

RoofMonkey Genius
    Gold

I use Alarmed . Freebie from app store. The only problem I have noticed is if you put the phone on vibrate it also kills the alarm tone(s). But if I lower the volume of my phone all the way down, that alarm tones will still play at the level I set in the app.
    Might be easier if you looked at the app itself I guess?

3. Avatar

Sponsored Advertisement

4. Mickeylittle

Mickeylittle Zealot
    Bronze

I'm looking for 1 where if I put my phone on silent my alarm will still ring. Thanks though.

5. peterthomas

peterthomas Member
    Bronze

Well am developing one, I hope I ll be able to manage to put this feature in my alarm. but that will take some time in finishing now, because every time I am about to finish my alarm application, someone tell me or suggest some new feature... Anyways you can count on me, I ll be providing you with an Alarm application that will be solving your problem. Just give me a week or so!

6. Mickeylittle

Mickeylittle Zealot
    Bronze

That will make my day!

7. Kadelic

Kadelic Genius
    Gold

The stock clock app works for me in my iPhone4. I use the alarm clock function daily with the phone set to silent/vibrate and the alarm ringtones play at full volume. This does not work on your 4S?

Sent from my iPhone using iCafe app

8. Rugaby

Rugaby Genius
    Gold

My old sidekick used to turn itself on and sound a set alarm. Would think Apple would implement a similar feature.

9. Europa

Europa Moderator
    Senior Moderator

The alarm will still go off if the phone is muted. I just make sure my volume is set to the maximum level before I go to sleep. Phone calls, texts and email are all silenced since it's muted, but the alarm still goes off.

10. acosmichippo

acosmichippo Genius
    Platinum

yeah, the clock app does everything you're looking for. I always have my phone on vibrate, and alarms go off just fine.

11. Mickeylittle

Mickeylittle Zealot
    Bronze

It must have been something on my end... Sorry!

12. fury

fury Evangelist
    Gold

You do have to be careful of your ringer volume setting even with the built-in clock app. If you've specifically turned the ringer volume down before switching to vibrate, the alarm will be that volume when it rings. I once forgot I had turned the ringer down, then later switched it to vibrate mode...the alarm was too quiet and I slept through it.

If you've got it set to change with buttons, then you can just hit the up volume button to make sure the ringer volume is up (when nothing is playing - otherwise it adjusts media volume instead of ringer volume). If you switched off that switch, then just make sure the volume is up in the sounds settings.

The media volume ignores the silent switch, so music and such will still play, assuming your media volume is up too. So, an alarm clock app that plays it as media rather than ringer might work too, but you'd have to leave it running (can't start background audio in the background, ironically), and it isn't able to programmatically override your volume setting.

13. Mickeylittle

Mickeylittle Zealot
    Bronze

Thanks but problem officially solved. I took the 4S back to BB and used my upgrade on a Galaxy 2. Wow, is all I can say! I still have my ipad 2 but this Samsung is really sweet. Especially the 4.3 screen, great voice controls, & and separate column levels for ringtone, notifications, & alarms!

I had gotten used to a 4" screen and the 3.5 was killing me.

14. dorrien12

dorrien12 Member
    Bronze

That's the one thing I miss about my BB, you could schedule the phone to turn off and on. And then have your alarm go off after it wakes.

Sent from my iPhone 4S using iCafe app