alarm clock sounds

guycruls

Mar 30, 2009
Can one add sounds to iPhone's collection of alarm clock sound?
If yes, how?
Many thanks

Dakine

Bronze
Mar 29, 2009
On a 3G phone 2.2.1

CLOCK >> ALARM >> + or EDIT if you have any alarms from before ( I currently have 3 ) >> SOUND choose any of the standard sounds or pick one of your custom ringtones ( I made mine in garageband on my imac ) >>SAVE.

Aloha

guycruls

Mar 30, 2009
new sounds in alarm

Many thanks Dakine.
I haven't created custom phone rings yet.
Are you saying that when you create a ringphone sound it also shows in the list of alarm clock sounds?
Please clarify.
Many thanks

sstalk

Bronze
Mar 25, 2009
Lakeside, CA
Is this only on phones that have been JB? Or will it work on nonJB phones?

ManUtd

Mar 27, 2009
It works with the default settings. no apps or anything, its standard.

guycruls

Mar 30, 2009
custom alarm sounds

Thank you Dakine and ManUtd.
Created a custom sound and it indeed displayed in both ringtones and alarm sounds under a separate heading called 'custom', as against 'standard'.
However, having created a second one, and despite this second one being displayed in the newly created category 'ringtones' in my iTunes, this second one does not display on my iPhone...and I didn't forget to sync.
Have I missed something?
Best

Dakine

Bronze
Mar 29, 2009
Sync your iPhone, after the sync you should be on the iTunes page displaying your phone, look for the RINGTONES tab near the top of the page and click on the tab ... make sure the SYNC ALL RINGTONES box is checked.

Note my info is for a non jailbreak iPhone 3G 2.2.1, using an imac OX 10.5.6, and the ringtones were created in garageband 4.1.2. sent to iTunes 8.1(50)

If you have a windows based computer the procedure may be a little different but once you get the custom ringtone INTO your iPhone you should be able to use it.

Aloha

Fayewolf

Bronze
Oct 10, 2007
I have custom ringtone that I created with my macbook's garageband. I used them as ringphone without problems. However, when I use the alarm, edit to select a ringtone as my alarm tone, it won't stick! For example, when I select the ringtone Tchaikovsky concerto, it will shown as selected, once i exited alarm, and go back in to check, Miramba is defaulted back again! HElp!

Dakine

Bronze
Mar 29, 2009
After making your selection, do you hit the SAVE button in the top right of the EDIT screen? If I don't save the changes it reverts back to the sound it was.

Aloha