Alarm, does it ever shut off?

Jul 12, 2007
It seems that the alarm will keep ringing indefinetley, or at least longer than I have been willing to test. Does it ever shut off?

If not, isn't this a major problem? If you setup your alarm and are not around, it will ring and vibrate for hours on end and drain the battery to zero?

ColsTiger

Zealot
Gold
Mar 8, 2007
Columbus, GA
It seems that the alarm will keep ringing indefinetley, or at least longer than I have been willing to test. Does it ever shut off?

If not, isn't this a major problem? If you setup your alarm and are not around, it will ring and vibrate for hours on end and drain the battery to zero?
That's the point of an alarm. If it quit ringing after a minute you might not ever wake up.;)

Jul 12, 2007
That's the point of an alarm. If it quit ringing after a minute you might not ever wake up.;)
I disagree. It should have a limit. What if you are not home and have a recurring alarm seutp? You want it to go on forever?

Kev1000000

Bronze
Jun 26, 2007
I disagree. It should have a limit. What if you are not home and have a recurring alarm seutp? You want it to go on forever?
I completely agree. 1 Minute should be long enough. At most, 2 minutes. Please submit this to Apple through the feedback link. I will as well.

adseguy

Bronze
Jul 1, 2007
I completely agree. 1 Minute should be long enough. At most, 2 minutes. Please submit this to Apple through the feedback link. I will as well.
HAHA, try more like 10 minutes. I might not be that case, but even 10 minutes is difficult for some

Kev1000000

Bronze
Jun 26, 2007
HAHA, try more like 10 minutes. I might not be that case, but even 10 minutes is difficult for some
User-settable then? I really don't want my phone to vibrate for 10 minutes+ if I don't have it on me.

I use Alarms as alerts as well, not just for waking up.

Jul 12, 2007
I think user configurable would be the best bet, with a reasonable default.

I am afraid to use this feature until this is in place. And I want to use it.

AllanGT

Bronze
Jul 2, 2007
Dallas
I agree with a user configuration. I dunno about everyone else, but there are some mornings when it takes me longer than 2 or 3 minutes to get up.

JnC

Bronze
Jun 17, 2007
It's interesting that the alarm goes on forever, yet the meeting reminder only chirps once (or twice if you set the secondary reminder).