Alarm's SNOOZE not working!

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.
Aug 15, 2007
Hey guys,

I searched but no one seems to have had this problem so far.

Every morning, I set my alarm to 6:50 so that I can snooze for 10 min and wake up at 7. The alarm goes off at 6:50 to church bells and I wake up typically and I look at my phone and I touch the "snooze" button.

This is my problem now. After I hit the snooze button, the alarm doesn't come back again! I expected the alarm to wake me up in another 10 min but instead, I overslept by 45min.

So I'm wondering if anyone else has had this problem where you press the "snooze" button but the alarm never comes back on. Instead, when I "wake" the phone again, the "snooze" button is there on the screen AGAIN but the sound never goes off. So I'm assuming something is going on where the phone never activates the sound.

Any help or direction would be good. Oh yeah, I already know I could just set the alarm to 7 and just WAKE UP. Duhhhhh =)

Thanks guys.

doron

Zealot
Gold
Apr 17, 2007
tampa, FL
Hey guys,

I searched but no one seems to have had this problem so far.

Every morning, I set my alarm to 6:50 so that I can snooze for 10 min and wake up at 7. The alarm goes off at 6:50 to church bells and I wake up typically and I look at my phone and I touch the "snooze" button.

This is my problem now. After I hit the snooze button, the alarm doesn't come back again! I expected the alarm to wake me up in another 10 min but instead, I overslept by 45min.

So I'm wondering if anyone else has had this problem where you press the "snooze" button but the alarm never comes back on. Instead, when I "wake" the phone again, the "snooze" button is there on the screen AGAIN but the sound never goes off. So I'm assuming something is going on where the phone never activates the sound.

Any help or direction would be good. Oh yeah, I already know I could just set the alarm to 7 and just WAKE UP. Duhhhhh =)

Thanks guys.

did you turn the snooze on when you set the alarm? ...when the alarm goes off, you either hit the snooze button itself or you hit the 'standby' button ...i tried looking for setting the snooze time itself, but i think its factory set for 10mins

Lincoln

Gold
Aug 11, 2007
This reminds me of how I woke up this morning.

I always have the iPhone wake me up, but it's usually in it's dock and my desk beside my bed. Last night the dock was by Mac, so the iPhone was just laying on the desk by itself. This morning when the alarm went off, it vibrated, so it made this really loud noise, and then came James Taylor singing Winter Wonderland. I jumped 6 feet in the air.

[I set Winter Wonderland for a 'peaceful' awakening. So much for that.]

- John

Griffinaz

Zealot
Gold
Oct 5, 2007
Phoenix, Arizona

I always have the iPhone wake me up, but it's usually in it's dock and my desk beside my bed. Last night the dock was by Mac, so the iPhone was just laying on the desk by itself. This morning when the alarm went off, it vibrated, so it made this really loud noise, and then came James Taylor singing Winter Wonderland. I jumped 6 feet in the air.

- John
HA HA, I thought I was the only one that has done that. The first time my phone vibrated around the table it scared the crap out of me. Not a good way to wake up at 3:30AM.

doron

Zealot
Gold
Apr 17, 2007
tampa, FL

- John
so did you have that as a ringtone already and you set it with the alarm?

Aug 15, 2007
did you turn the snooze on when you set the alarm? ...when the alarm goes off, you either hit the snooze button itself or you hit the 'standby' button ...i tried looking for setting the snooze time itself, but i think its factory set for 10mins
Doron, thanks for the response but I have the "Snooze" option turned on, indefinitely. And when I wake up to look at my phone, I hit the home button, the phone wakes up, and then I get two options, either to hit the "Snooze" button or to slide to deactivate the alarm. I typically want to snooze for another 10 min so I hit the snooze. But instead, the alarm never goes off again! This bugs the hell outta me.

I can't believe no one else has this problem because it seems more like a software/firmware problem more than anything. How weird. This has always happened also. I just only brought this to the forum's attention now because I woke up late again. haha

Griffinaz

Zealot
Gold
Oct 5, 2007
Phoenix, Arizona
Doron, thanks for the response but I have the "Snooze" option turned on, indefinitely. And when I wake up to look at my phone, I hit the home button, the phone wakes up, and then I get two options, either to hit the "Snooze" button or to slide to deactivate the alarm. I typically want to snooze for another 10 min so I hit the snooze. But instead, the alarm never goes off again! This bugs the hell outta me.

I can't believe no one else has this problem because it seems more like a software/firmware problem more than anything. How weird. This has always happened also. I just only brought this to the forum's attention now because I woke up late again. haha
I am sorry I don't have a fix for you but I just tested repeatedly with my phone and it snoozed for 10 minutes over and over with no problems. I suspect the problem you are having is with your individual phone and not a mass issue. Sorry it wasn't more help.

doron

Zealot
Gold
Apr 17, 2007
tampa, FL

yeah man that is weird...my phone doesn't have this issue...hmmm...how long has this been goin' on?...like i said, i don't hit the snooze button on the screen, i just hit the standby button...try doin' that right quick and see what happns and holla back...

Lester56

Bronze
Jul 19, 2007
If my snooze quits working, I'm sunk. I use my iPhone as my only alarm and I "snooze" it at least twice each morning.

Aug 15, 2007
yeah man that is weird...my phone doesn't have this issue...hmmm...how long has this been goin' on?...like i said, i don't hit the snooze button on the screen, i just hit the standby button...try doin' that right quick and see what happns and holla back...
Doron, the "standby" button you speak of is the "sleep/wake" button correct?

whale_hunter

Bronze
Sep 11, 2007
Just wanted to throw out a quick suggestion in case you haven't tried it. Instead of hitting snooze just set up a couple differnt alarm times.

Such as

6:30

6:40

6:50

Something like that.

I can't afford to be late for work (like most of us) and I had a similar experience where I turned off the phone while still sleeping.
I woke up almost 15 minutes passed when I was supposed to be at work...hate that feeling.

Ever since then I set a couple different times just in case.

So far so good.

pierce the veil

Bronze
Aug 14, 2007
Just wanted to throw out a quick suggestion in case you haven't tried it. Instead of hitting snooze just set up a couple differnt alarm times.

Such as

Something like that.

I can't afford to be late for work (like most of us) and I had a similar experience where I turned off the phone while still sleeping.
I woke up almost 15 minutes passed when I was supposed to be at work...hate that feeling.

Ever since then I set a couple different times just in case.

So far so good.
this was my way of thinking, but for some reason after the first alarm, the rest don't work. like ill hit snooze or deactivate the alarm, go back to sleep, and when i wake up, the alarms don't go off until after i unlock the phone.

iamtko

Zealot
Gold
Sep 18, 2007
Houston
maybe you should try testing this while you're awake if you haven't already.
it's possible that you just in a hard sleep and never woke up

Tinman

Evangelist
Gold
Jul 16, 2007
Aridzona

Such as

Something like that.
I haven't got to the point of setting three alarms yet, but I definitely use two to be safe. Who am I kidding; I've set as many as four alarms on the iPhone to be safe. And I've never even had a problem with snooze (don't really use it much though).

--
Mike

Aug 15, 2007
i guess i have to mention that it sometimes works and sometimes doesn't....but A LOT of the times, in the morning, i'd snooze and then it would never come back again.

i deleted all the alarms last night and made new ones and i'll try and see if that works now.

sorry for leading you guys on that snooze NEVER worked. it works but it's very buggy ya know?

Alexandr3

Jul 20, 2009
Hello. First post here. I just came from Nokia, so the differences are huge... I'm still learning my ways around here...
Anyway I found it very strange that the snooze is set AND LOCKED for 10 minutes...

Is it posisble to change in future fw releases? I mean, 10 min is too much for me....
I know what you're about to say... "set several alarms", but come on.. that's not practical. We should be able to choose the snooze time!

Thanks for any help.