Album Art all mixed up...

I did a search and nothing...

I recently had to restore my phone because it locked again. I restored it on my brother's mac, because it doesn't restore on my PC for some reason. It keeps ejecting the phone.

So I synced the phone with my PC after several failures. The PC kept ejecting the phone and wouldn't complete the sync.
I figured out how to trick the computer by syncing one category at a time, photos, stop. Then apps, stop. Then contacts, stop etc. until it was done.

Now my album art is all jacked up in my iPhone.
It shows Toby Keith when I'm playing Julieta Venegas, Toby Keith when I'm playing John Legend, it shows Sarah Evans when I'm playing Incubus, it shows Sugar Ray when I'm playing the Walflowers, and Shakira when I'm playing the Toadies...
I do have all these albums, but WTF went so effing wrong so that the album art is mixed up and I can't fix it?

I did indeed update the album art on iTunes and synced again.

What do I do?!:mad:

Sorry for the long story.

AdrianCubed

Zealot
Gold
Jul 19, 2008
London or Miami
Take it to Apple. This is a software issue and should be corrected.
Explain to the Genius bar whats going on.

Also if the iPhone isn't being detected by the computer make sure you are the admin on your PC/Mac. If the phone isn't being detected by iTunes but it wont do anything make sure to sign into iTunes with your account and pw. It should work. If not, make sure you've downloaded the latest vers of iTunes (which u said you did?)

Yeah, I downloaded iTunes 8.0.1 and it seems to sync better now without kicking off the phone. I haven't tried doing it from a restore though.
So it's a software issue!? That sucks!
The phone is working great, this is the only problem I'm having with it. After a few lockups it's finally working like it should, and I'm loving it...I'd hate to have to restore it again...
And another thing, there are certain contacts I didn't have on my sim card before I got my phone. After a restore, I lose these contacts that are not on my sim card. So I HATE RESTORE! yes.

AdrianCubed

Zealot
Gold
Jul 19, 2008
London or Miami
You should not loose anything when you restore. I've restored once, and that was to fix the yellow screen issue. I didn't loose anything.

Make sure you are restoring from your most current backup. If you are unsure, backup the phone now, then restore. You shouldnt be missing ANYTHING.

I just thought of something, it may not be a software issue. Make sure you have the correct images for the corresponding album in your iTunes library. Try organizing and getting the album art.
If all else fails call the genius bar or even take the phone to see them. They should beable to fix the issue but as a last resort a new phone may be the best.

AdrianCubed

Zealot
Gold
Jul 19, 2008
London or Miami
lol, Well if you have the CD's (i doubt anyone still owns any new CDs anymore but) if you do load em in, and iTunes should do the work correctly.

If not, organize your playlists, I have every song organized into a playlist with the corresponding artist/album name. I do this as iTunes imports the songs. Go to that playlist and get album info.

lol IDK wut else to tell ya m8. thats funny tho, get album info ....iTunes says ill put the cds in the wrong cases xD.

The biggest headache is organizing and fixing your friends iTunes library with over 4k songs. That was a day.

Yeah, iTunes can be a pain in the arse a lot of times. Not only that, it sure takes up a lot of system resources when it's on...Thanks for your suggestions. I might try re-installing iTunes and see what happens.

Off-Topic, but while it comes to mind- To quote one of my favorite scenes from Saturday Night Live's "Celebrity Jeopardy":
Alex Trebek:"The word "Cat" would be found in this section of the dictionary."
Sean Connery:"The "R's"."
Alex:"No. Not in the "R's"."
Sean:"That's not what your motha said, Trebek."

jsntrenkler

Zealot
Silver
Sep 22, 2008
Tucson Arizona
Yeah, i just noticed it's effed up in iTunes too...I clicked "get album art"...this is how they treat me...
Depending on where you acquired your music, sometimes iTunes will assign the wrong album art based on bad meta data in the file. This can happen with songs downloaded from p2p clients. Then when transfered to your iPhone would continue to be incorrect.