Album Art/Cover Flow Glitch?

Coodie

Jul 16, 2007
Minnetonka, MN
coodie.com
I did a search on here but couldn't find anything like this. The problem I'm having is sorta hard to explain and maybe I'll take a video or pics and show you later, but here goes.

I'm using my iPod feature of the iPhone, and I select the song 'Stand UP by Trapt to listen to. When it comes up and displays the album art, it shows a Weird Al album that I have......so I turn it sideways to view in coverflow, and the right album cover is now displayed......so I turn it back vertical, and there's the Weird Al album cover again, wtf? The song 'Stand Up' is playing, and the title at the top says "Trapt - Stand Up - Stand Up Single", but the album cover is Weird Al. So I go back to cover flow, the normal cover comes back....Ok, so while still in cover flow I look to the album on the left and it looks like a Trick Daddy cover, so I grab it and slide it over, and it changes to a Trace Lawrence cover...... And now the Trapt one (now just to the right) is back to the Weird Al cover......

Is this making sense? If so, then here's the troubleshooting I've done, I've checked the Trapt 'Get Info' thing on iTunes, and under 'Artwork' there is only the correct album cover. Not a single piece of information under 'Info' is the same as any song from the Weird Al album. And going through cover flow with iTunes brings up no such glitch. So I'm stumped.....anyone else experiencing a 'glitch' like this?

It doesn't bother me too much, just curious as to why this could be happening

Oh and I LOVE my iPhone! Have not had a single feeling of buyers remorse

Coodie

Jul 16, 2007
Minnetonka, MN
coodie.com
Oh and it's not just those 2 albums that are doing the old switcharoo, I notice scrolling through cover flow that it's just about half of them that change to the right albums only when the album in the one in the center

wildonrio

Gold
Jul 4, 2007
Provo, UT
I absolutely have this problem. It got so annoying that I just stopped worrying about it for now because there's nothing I can do. I bet this is happening with a lot more people but they just aren't taking the time to make the sure the song matches the album.

wildonrio

Gold
Jul 4, 2007
Provo, UT
What's really annoying is that I spent hours and hours getting all my album art in order on iTunes only to have the iPhone mess up over 10 percent of them with no way to fix it (that I can see).

brunn1022

Jun 25, 2007
Cincinnati
My cover flow will leave out entire albums, I have to go in find a song from the album then it adds the album to the very end of cover flow out of alphabetical order. Hopefully Apple gets these glitches fixed with the first update

jarofclay73

Zealot
Gold
Jun 23, 2008
Honolulu, Hawaii
Yeah I have this problem and it sucks.

The worst was one of my Christian worship songs had a Bobby Brown album cover. :sneaky:

While it doesn't really affect the functionality of the iPhone/iPod, it is most certainly annoying.