Album Art Didn't Transfer

drumthrasher109

Bronze
Jan 9, 2009
drumsplace.co.cc
I restored my iPhone yesterday, but some songs on here (2,200), and I noticed that none of them have album art. WTF? They all did before...

If I go to my iPhone>Music in iTunes, right click on a song>Get Info, the album art will be there.

I can manually take an MP3 from /private/var/mobile/Media/iTunes_Control/Music/, open it up with WMP, and it will show up.

So, I have no idea what was going on. I'm definitely NOT transferring all my music over again.

isal

Bronze
Mar 22, 2009
Toronto
I don't think there is a way to manually transfer album art. But try and sync again, it worked for me.

drumthrasher109

Bronze
Jan 9, 2009
drumsplace.co.cc
I remember seeing that option in the Music tab when I sync my iPod Classic, but I couldn't find it for the Music tab with my iPhone.

I have a few ideas that might get it to work. There's no way I'm gonna transfer all my music again. It just takes way too long.

sstalk

Bronze
Mar 25, 2009
Lakeside, CA
I also have this problem, and my tab for sync album artwork is selected. iTunes even goes through the show of acting like it is updating my album artwork, but nothing happens. In Windows media every bit of my artwork was there...

drumthrasher109

Bronze
Jan 9, 2009
drumsplace.co.cc
Before I actually transferred all my songs, I tried out MediaMonkey to transfer a couple of songs to see if it worked. It transferred them, but it didn't transfer the album art. I noticed that the check box for transfer album art wasn't checked, so I checked it, and I guess I forgot to try it. I then went straight to iTunes, and that's where I am now. It's kind of confusing... I guess I'll live without album art.

hurlthis22

Bronze
Jan 12, 2009
Moorpark, CA
I have also gotten this exact problem. Shows up as a black screen! Bugs me lol.

But gotten use to it. They told me at Apple to restore but it still does same thing.

drumthrasher109

Bronze
Jan 9, 2009
drumsplace.co.cc
I think it's a iTunes 8.1 problem. When I synced me music with the previous version of iTunes, the Album Art option showed up. Now, it's not there:

sstalk

Bronze
Mar 25, 2009
Lakeside, CA
drumthrasher - It cut off the right side of your post at the word 'Now'.

sstalk

Bronze
Mar 25, 2009
Lakeside, CA
Thanks for trying to make it show. But when I clicked on it it only showed up blurry. Was there a zoom button I missed?

sstalk

Bronze
Mar 25, 2009
Lakeside, CA
Nevermind, I never cease to amaze myself with my own stupidity. lol. Page Zoom, duh...