Album Art in iPhone does not match up to iTunes. Any ideas?

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

goblues38

Bronze
Sep 7, 2007
So on my PC in iTunes, album art matches.

Pink Floyd Dark Side of the Moon = Dark Side of the moon cover art. All my stuff matches up.

But, when I sync...the music in my iPhone has 60% of the albums showing up with inccorect album art.

For example, my Pink Floyd Dark side of the Moon has all the correct music but shows Creed Human Clay album art.

This happens numerous times. Some times the same wrong album art will show up on multiple wrong albums. And its several dufferent albums.

i have tried to resync and it's still wrong.

All my music is directly imported from CD's (ripped).

thanks

jUeLz23

Bronze
Sep 4, 2007
how do u get iTunes to download cover art automatically anyway.
sry to jus come in your thread and ask but i wanted to know if there was a way.

petalmom

Silver
Jun 30, 2007
how do u get iTunes to download cover art automatically anyway.
sry to jus come in your thread and ask but i wanted to know if there was a way.
Right click on the song title and click "Get Album Artwork". If iTunes can't find it, you can get it yourself and add it.

goblues38

Bronze
Sep 7, 2007
I have a huge library...400+ gigs - 7,231 albums. Of which, 90% has accurate albim art. Usung Windows media 11.

I pointed iTunes 7.4 to the drive where my music is, and only half of the album art came over. Those that i wanted to sync, i told iTunes to go get and it did, but it just desont show up correctly in the iPhone.

petalmom

Silver
Jun 30, 2007
Yeeew, that would bother me too :(

I didn't post a reply to your original post because I'm afraid that I can't be of any help with that, sorry! Have you tried calling Apple support?

Hopefully somebody will come along that knows more than me :)

Good luck!

connie

Evangelist
Gold
Jul 11, 2007
So Cal
This happened to me also when I first got my iPhone and did a sync to iTunes. Several of my Album Art was wrong. When the song played another Album cover came on. There is threads about this. I ended up having to take the time to google my own album art and re do them myself. So far they have stayed with the covers I manually assigned them. There is a thread if you do a search that tells you how to do this step by step, it's not that hard, it's just a little time consuming that can be a pain in the butt, but I don't think there is a quick fix. I tried reinstalling and restore everything (iTunes, iPhone) it didn't work, my album covers were still wrong. I just had to fix it myself.

OJsakila

Jul 15, 2007
Jupiter's sulphur mines
This happened to me also when I first got my iPhone and did a sync to iTunes. Several of my Album Art was wrong. When the song played another Album cover came on. There is threads about this. I ended up having to take the time to google my own album art and re do them myself. So far they have stayed with the covers I manually assigned them. There is a thread if you do a search that tells you how to do this step by step, it's not that hard, it's just a little time consuming that can be a pain in the butt, but I don't think there is a quick fix. I tried reinstalling and restore everything (iTunes, iPhone) it didn't work, my album covers were still wrong. I just had to fix it myself.
you are correct, sir. I had the same problem with having to manually add the artwork myself to maybe 40% of my music. But it has been fine since I did that.

dagoo98

Bronze
Jul 2, 2007
That happened to me once, I fixed it by removing all the music from the iPhone and then re-syncing it. Give it try, it'll probably work for you too.

becomingwater

Bronze
Jul 19, 2007
Florida
So on my PC in iTunes, album art matches.

Pink Floyd Dark Side of the Moon = Dark Side of the moon cover art. All my stuff matches up.

But, when I sync...the music in my iPhone has 60% of the albums showing up with inccorect album art.

For example, my Pink Floyd Dark side of the Moon has all the correct music but shows Creed Human Clay album art.

This happens numerous times. Some times the same wrong album art will show up on multiple wrong albums. And its several dufferent albums.

i have tried to resync and it's still wrong.

All my music is directly imported from CD's (ripped).

thanks
You need to make sure every song has the album art attached, I know its crazy but you have to do it that way. When you name an album make sure you have all different album names, so songs will not be with another album. Example is an album name as Greatest Hits. It cannot be the same

RJ1

Bronze
Jul 8, 2007
Celebration FL
SOme of mine did that and I found out that the info of the song was wrong. I right clicked on the song then clicked on get info to make sure the song name and album is correct on there 2.