Album art not correct in 3.0GM

termleech

Zealot
Gold
Sep 7, 2007
McPherson, KS
I have had the beta installed on my phone for 3.0 since the first beta came out. I have never noticed before than the album art for my songs is wrong. I was playing the iPod today and noticed that pretty much every song shows the wrong album art when playing. Is anyone else seeing this in 3.0GM? I am going to check when I get home in iTunes to see if it's correct but since I haven't noticed this before I'd be willing to bet it's a phone problem.

2white2fight

Bronze
Mar 31, 2009
925 the bay
I have had the beta installed on my phone for 3.0 since the first beta came out. I have never noticed before than the album art for my songs is wrong. I was playing the iPod today and noticed that pretty much every song shows the wrong album art when playing. Is anyone else seeing this in 3.0GM? I am going to check when I get home in iTunes to see if it's correct but since I haven't noticed this before I'd be willing to bet it's a phone problem.
hard reset? it works for me and ive had this prob too and it just went away for me

shutter13

Evangelist
Gold
Jan 8, 2009
I had it on beta 5, album art was correct in iTunes, but wrong on iPhone. Haven't seen it on the GM but I don't think I've run the iPod yet.

dcom

Zealot
Gold
Aug 7, 2007
Suwanee, GA
I'm on 3.0 GM and all album art is fine for me. I'm sure I've done one or two resets since installing the GM but I don't know if my album art was screwed up or not.

I did notice that some app icons were wrong before GM, now they're ok. iRovr.com Home Screen icon was always blank instead of their normal image but after recreating it following the GM install, it's fine.

psylichon

Genius
Oct 31, 2007
Philly
I updated to the GM last night and my album art is fine. I don't even think I've done a hard reboot yet.

shutter13

Evangelist
Gold
Jan 8, 2009
Hell, now you got me checking every time a new song comes on.

termleech

Zealot
Gold
Sep 7, 2007
McPherson, KS
Well last night I unchecked all the music on the iPhone, let it delete and then put it back on. That seems to have fixed the issue. I wonder if I accidentally stopped the sync midway through at some point and it cause the album art links to get messed up. Oh well, it's fixed now.

clhs

Jun 18, 2009
YES. I am absolutely having this problem (in fact, I googled the problem and found your post as a result). In coverflow mode several of the albums are wrong, insofar as that say "Various Artists" instead of their correct artist, despite "Various Artists" not being tagged ANYWHERE within the album information.

But oh so much more bizarre is that the artwork for approximately half of the albums is jumbled. Some of my Tori Amos albums, for example, have the album artwork for Tarkan or Sophie Ellis-Bextor (yes, I do like her). Quite bizarre. On iTunes the artwork is absolutely spot on but my iPhone seems to have been given ketamine or something. Anyone have any ideas!? :/

Cheers

termleech

Zealot
Gold
Sep 7, 2007
McPherson, KS
The soltuion that worked for me was to remove all the musc off the phone then put it back on. I think somehow on my first sync the cover art got out of sorts and reputting the music back on fixed it.

clhs

Jun 18, 2009
The soltuion that worked for me was to remove all the musc off the phone then put it back on. I think somehow on my first sync the cover art got out of sorts and reputting the music back on fixed it.
Cheers. I actually saw your suggestion just after my original post so I thought I'd give it a go and let you know how I got on. Have deleted all the music off the iPhone but putting it all back on is taking its time. Will let you know what happens.

Cheers again.

clhs

Jun 18, 2009
It actually worked for almost all of the albums - cheers. But there is one that still has the incorrect artwork. I deleted the album from the only playlist to which the iPhone syncs, then synced it, effectively deleting the album from the iPhone. I then ensured the artwork was fine for that album and resynced it but it is still incorrect. Odd.

Cheers for the advice.

PDACPA

Silver
Jan 16, 2008
Florida
Going to try the remove and replace. I set up my old 3G for my wife and every song has Carrie Underwood as the album art. Back in Black with Carrie on the coverflow just doesn't seem right. Will report back tonight after I unload and reload.