Album Artwork Help! Mac

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

mrmacbook

Bronze
Jun 13, 2007
I have a mac and I have the latest version of iTunes (7.3.2). Last night I imported The Beatles Sgt. Pepper's album from a CD that I own. I tried to drag drop the album artwork off of Amazon because Beatles' albums aren't on iTunes yet.

For some reason it did seem to let me just do that. Having the artwork display on (just the white box) and dragging the image over it.

Any ideas? I have done this with other versions of iTunes in the past.

TomTomTuning

Bronze
Aug 10, 2007
Camp Hill, PA
Highlight all of the songs from that album.
Right click on a track
Click on Get Info

This is were you can edit the ID3 Tag.
Which will allow you to add album art.

Also if its an album you can select compilation
This will put all the songs into one album and give it one Album art.
Instead of each song having its own picture.

Be careful not to change the Track name or Artist
Because if you do, it will change all of the tracks to that name.

mrmacbook

Bronze
Jun 13, 2007
I did that. That method is what I've done in the past.

I just noticed a weird warning, it has a white background and says "Album Artwork NOT modifiable".

Aug 30, 2007
Ohio
I did that. That method is what I've done in the past.

I just noticed a weird warning, it has a white background and says "Album Artwork NOT modifiable".
I think I remember seeing that message when the song was selected from the CD itself. Is it possible you're looking at the CD? Otherwise, can you try 'Show Song in Finder' and do a Show Info on the songfile. Maybe it has the wrong permissions for some reason?

Have you tried opening up the selected songs (Command+I) and pasting the (copied) artwork into the artwork box?

Also out of interest, did you try right-click -> Add Album Artwork. That doesn't give you the same degree of control, and if it works, still doesn't explain the mystery, but might get the job done.