Album Artwork

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.
Dec 24, 2007
Bay Area, CA
Hello all! This is my first post after my first 24 hours with my new phone. So far, I am very happy with the purchase! I recently uploaded some songs from my CD collection to iTunes and then proceeded to load them onto my iPhone. All tracks and artist info has transferred to the phone except the Album artwork.

Does this usually load later? I have upload 4 CD's and all do not show their album covers on my iPhone. Any suggestions or others that have experienced this issue?

EBO

lman

Silver
Oct 18, 2007
When you upload cd's to iTunes...the album cover's do not get transferred with the songs. I even have some cd's where the song names don't transfer as well (older cd's). So to answer you question, unfortunately your album covers will not be loaded later.

There are however programs that search album art for the current song playing in your iTunes and you are apply to use the art it finds. I do not know the name of the program though, sorry.

Dec 24, 2007
Bay Area, CA
Wow, this one was easy. I figured it out on my own. I just highlighted (selected) all of my tracks in iTunes and the right clicked for my options. Selected "Find Album Artwork" and it was a done deal. Wheres the "Easy Button?"

lman

Silver
Oct 18, 2007
thats good to know, i didn't realize in the newer version of iTunes they may have included this function in the actual program. I bet as long as you have the correct album name it will be able to find the artwork.

I am pretty sure, however, you cannot get album artwork from the actual cd, you have to do as you did and go through iTunes.

OJsakila

Jul 15, 2007
Jupiter's sulphur mines
and on some older music, it won't find the artwork at all. You'll have to add it manually by google-image searching for whatever you want and then adding it to iTunes. I will sometimes even do that when I don't like iTunes' choice of artwork. Like with Jimi Hendrix's music, for example. I haven't seen an orginal cover in 40 years....

Youngbinks

Zealot
Gold
Jun 4, 2007
Atlanta, Georgia
I have a bunch of "no-name" artist CDs that I just have to Google the images for or just create my own, it's a bit annoying since you have to do it for each song in the album but it's not too bad once you get used to it.

steeler

Bronze
Sep 26, 2007
I have a bunch of "no-name" artist CDs that I just have to Google the images for or just create my own, it's a bit annoying since you have to do it for each song in the album but it's not too bad once you get used to it.
Yb, how do you get the artwork from Google into iTunes?
Can you post the steps. Thanks.

JoeT

Silver
Dec 18, 2007
Tampa, FL
I have had good luck with around 300x300 pixels.

One thing that does NOT work so well for me is playing a song and dragging the picture to the lower left corner (Drag Album Art Here). I have MUCH better luck right-clicking and copying the image in Firefox, then right clicking on the "Drag Album Art Here" box and pasting.

By the way, image.google.com is a great place to search for the album art.

KNK

Jul 22, 2007
Stevenson Ranch
I have had good luck with around 300x300 pixels.

One thing that does NOT work so well for me is playing a song and dragging the picture to the lower left corner (Drag Album Art Here). I have MUCH better luck right-clicking and copying the image in Firefox, then right clicking on the "Drag Album Art Here" box and pasting.

By the way, image.google.com is a great place to search for the album art.

Thanks foe the info.

Alexander

Zealot
Gold
Jun 28, 2007
Atlanta
It's great eye-candy, but I wonder what percentage of people actually USE the coverflow to select what they want to listen to.

I have all my artwork and all, but I use the Song/Artist tabs to select music.

JoeT

Silver
Dec 18, 2007
Tampa, FL
It's great eye-candy, but I wonder what percentage of people actually USE the coverflow to select what they want to listen to.

Depends on my mood. If I am looking for a given song/artist, it's usually by the tabs. If I am not sure what I am in the mood to hear, I usually use Cover Flow.

meiphones_brill

Silver
Nov 16, 2007

I do all the time - If I could, I'd remove the option to have a list view altogether. There's something 'complete' about seeing the cover artwork as well as hearing the music, and I couldn't tell you which tracks were in each album unless I can see the cover in front of me. I never pick up the iPhone or iPod either knowing already what I'm going to listen to - flicking through cover flow allows me to decide.

sidlaw9

Oct 23, 2008
Hi I recently bought my first i pod a 32Gb touch when I first syncronised it all my music was transferred.I don't have all the album covers and when I click find artwork there are still some covers it cannot find.Is it possible to copy and paste the missing covers.

UFGator

Jul 17, 2007
Yes. Go into iTunes and drag and drop the artwork into the bottom right hand corner (where the artwork should be). The best place to find artwork seems to be Amazon.com.