Album Issue in iPhone 3G

Josh Yates

Contributor
Silver
Jul 14, 2007
Orion, MI
I've got a bit of an issue. I downloaded a couple of songs tonight, downloaded them onto my iPhone 3G and all is well. Here's where it gets hairy...

I bought an album about three-four months ago. It was a live album with 15 tracks. There was a re-release of the same album about a week or so ago with two new songs on it. I bought the songs from that album. I thought I'd change the name of the album and the genre so that those songs would simply show up together as if they were one album.

HOWEVER, now all I can see on my iPhone under this album's name is the two NEW songs I downloaded. I can search and find the individual songs from the previous album, but they're NOWHERE under the album's page. In fact, there's two albums with the same title, but BOTH albums only show the two new songs.

HELP! :0)

styfle

Zealot
Gold
Mar 31, 2008
Ok I'm a little confused. If I understand correctly, the album title and artist art the same but it doesn't look like its the same artist/album?

If thats the case, try deleting the album title on all the songs. Then type them in again (or copy/paste) and it should fix it. It has for me in the past.

Picazzo

Zealot
Gold
Jan 21, 2008
Copenhagen, Denmark
Sounds really weird! When you rename these 2 songs - Artist / Album / Genre, they should show up in the first album you bought!?

Josh Yates

Contributor
Silver
Jul 14, 2007
Orion, MI
Yeah...that's what I thought too. However, I just reverted everything back to the way they were bought and now everything shows up fine. I'll have to play with it later. :)