Album shuffle in iPhone

mparkes

Jul 17, 2007
I found that by clicking the mic switch on the earbuds 3 times while in the ipod mode (but with nothing playing), it activates some sort of "album shuffle". It will pull up a (random) track from an album in your library, and then go to a different (random) track on another album etc.

There is a caveat however - the sequence doesn't seem to be randomized differently each time. For example, once activated, let's say your iPhone plays:

Album F - Song 3
Album B - Song 10
Album J - Song 2
Album A - Song 5
etc

The next time you activate this, it will play the same sequence, so its not random in that regard.

mparkes

Jul 17, 2007
Okay I see what its doing - 3 clicks equates to moving your entire library to a temporary "On the go" list, with the songs loading by title alphabetically. Which explains the repeated pattern.

I found that by clicking the mic switch on the earbuds 3 times while in the ipod mode (but with nothing playing), it activates some sort of "album shuffle". It will pull up a (random) track from an album in your library, and then go to a different (random) track on another album etc.

There is a caveat however - the sequence doesn't seem to be randomized differently each time. For example, once activated, let's say your iPhone plays:

Album F - Song 3
Album B - Song 10
Album J - Song 2
Album A - Song 5
etc

The next time you activate this, it will play the same sequence, so its not random in that regard.