Alert! For those who ordered with debit card.

Josh22

Aug 9, 2008
Hi, I placed a DF order at my local AT&T store on august 1, i noticed that pple who had ordered after me were getting theirs while my order was sitting idle. Then august 7th comes around and mine was cancelled for no reason, I called the AT&T store rep where i ordered the DF, she said that it actually isn't cancelled, said the problem is that because i used a visa debit card they needed the CVV code from the back of the card, she said they have a "team" that specifically deals with this issue, said they would call me within 72 hours to get the code and it would be shipped as soon as they got it. I don't know if all this is true, I still haven't received a call from this "team" so i am saying screw it and heading to an Apple store 2 hours away from me in St. Louis :(. I do not know if what she told me was true or not, if this "team" even exist but i thought i would let u guys know, I had not seen anybody say anything along the lines of what i was told on the forums.

- Josh

Gregg

Aug 8, 2008
I ordered my 3g's with my debit card. I check my bank accounts online several times a day. I did notice I was charged for them when I first placed the order, even though the sales rep told me I wouldn't be. I didn't mind as long as I wasn't charged again. The weird thing is I remember the charges being cancelled by ATT a few days later, then they were charged again when it was shipped. I thought someone was giving me money then taking it back or something. Anyway, it worked out in the end - I just thought it was a silly way to do a transaction. I think it depends on your bank or something.

stevetim

Silver
Jul 20, 2007
I ordered my 3g's with my debit card. I check my bank accounts online several times a day. I did notice I was charged for them when I first placed the order, even though the sales rep told me I wouldn't be. I didn't mind as long as I wasn't charged again. The weird thing is I remember the charges being cancelled by ATT a few days later, then they were charged again when it was shipped. I thought someone was giving me money then taking it back or something. Anyway, it worked out in the end - I just thought it was a silly way to do a transaction. I think it depends on your bank or something.
The first 'charge' was an authorization to debit that amount and verify the amount in your account. I think.

Then when they don't actually process the order because your phone hasn't shipped, it drops off of your account. When the phone is in shipping mode, that's when they actually debit the amount out of your account.