Alert Reminders

JAB

Aug 11, 2008
Opinions on the best way to get alert reminders for missed SMS messages and calendar alerts?

I've found the following possible options so far:

IntelliScreen
Kate (but not v2.0 compatible yet)

I also found this discussion here, but it looks like the project may have died.

Thanks!

/jab

Last edited by a moderator:

iErik

Zealot
Gold
Oct 27, 2007
Las Vegas, NV
If you're jailbroken there's SMSnotifiy on Cydia. It does text and voicemail reminders.

JAB

Aug 11, 2008
I've installed IntelliScreen. It works quite well for reminder alerts, but the product is in desperate need of documentation.

/jab

kendo

Jul 30, 2008
reminder...

I agree in that Intelliscreen is very good and works, but no documentation. I signed up for the extra $ for help and get a reply usually within 24 hours.
The help is ok, not very thorough, just quick replies.
Still, a nice program and I'm very happy to have it!

Redfox68

Aug 16, 2008
Ft. Lauderdale, FL
I've installed IntelliScreen. It works quite well for reminder alerts, but the product is in desperate need of documentation.

/jab
Does IntelliScreen also allow for adjustments to calendar alerts (change tone, snooze, etc.)?

Thanks,
LT

kendo

Jul 30, 2008
Intelliscreen

No, it does not seem to do much with the calander.
It is nice, but limited to SMS/ mail / phone.

You can put calander info on the "slide to unlock" screen that you can scroll through, but that's about it for the calander as far as I know.

Good luck

JAB

Aug 11, 2008
It will also remind you periodically of missed Calendar alerts.

/jab

JAB

Aug 11, 2008
Does SMS notify support reminders for something other than SMS messages and provide a UI for changing the reminder interval?

/jab

kenneth

Zealot
Gold
Aug 19, 2008
Texas
intelliscreen started to do that and when I uninstalled intelliscreen it doesn't show up anymore.

Sep 16, 2007
Mississippi
Locked up -or- Jailbroken

If you're jailbroken there's SMSnotifiy on Cydia. It does text and voicemail reminders.
I keep hearing about "jailbroken". What does a 'jailbroken' phone do -or- not do? Am I still able to update (from Apple) with a jailbroken phone? Since they have all these apps available now; are none of these that are being talked about (sms tones and reminders) available with a "locked" phone.

msblueline

The Persuader

Bronze
Jan 10, 2008
Staten Island, New York
I keep hearing about "jailbroken". What does a 'jailbroken' phone do -or- not do? Am I still able to update (from Apple) with a jailbroken phone? Since they have all these apps available now; are none of these that are being talked about (sms tones and reminders) available with a "locked" phone.

msblueline
A "jailbroken" iPhone is one that is "opened" to 3rd party unofficial applications. When you Jailbreak you get Cydia and Installer, the unofficial versions of the App Store. By Jailbreaking, you can get applications Apple does not allow.

You can (correct me if I'm wrong) update your jailbroken iPhone through iTunes, but when you are done, your phone won't be jailbroken anymore since you must restore in order to update.

To update with a jailbroken iPhone, you can do it through quickpwn, once the new firmware is supported.

P.S. And can someone tell me what is the app that adds the email picture to the top right of the iPhone screen?

Dec 4, 2008
I downloaded smsnotify with cydia and it said it installed.i don't see an application icon or setting option anywhere.
can anyone help
tks

iErik

Zealot
Gold
Oct 27, 2007
Las Vegas, NV
If you have SBsettings or BossPrefs installed make sure it didn't get Poofed by accident.