Alert sounds using iBrickr

SpongebObiWan

Bronze
Aug 25, 2007
I used iBrickr to change my voicemail alert sound, my text message alert sound, and my e-mail alert sound. However, now instead of getting those sounds that I sent to my iPhone with iBrickr, I get only a short "vibrate". What did I do wrong?

EDIT- P.S. I am running 1.0.2 now (obviously). I am one of those that upgraded to 1.1.1 based on posts here that there was no problem jailbreaking and modding 1.1.1, then used the method to go back to 1.0.2. I did have these alert sounds working before I did all that, but now they only give me a short "vibrate" with no sounds.

SECOND EDIT- I just realized that I get no sound when somebody calls me also. I only get the vibrate. Seems to me, this happened before when I modded my phone to get custom alert tones and ringtones. But, for the life of me, I can't remember how I resolved it. :)

THIRD (and FINAL) EDIT!- DUH, I'm so dumb sometimes. This new damn armband iPhone case I got, frequently flips off the silent switch on the side of my iPhone when I insert the iPhone into it. I remember now, that's what I discovered LAST time I went through this. Everything is working fine now. Sorry about the unecessary post.

OJsakila

Jul 15, 2007
Jupiter's sulphur mines
I used iBrickr to change my voicemail alert sound, my text message alert sound, and my e-mail alert sound. However, now instead of getting those sounds that I sent to my iPhone with iBrickr, I get only a short "vibrate". What did I do wrong?

EDIT- P.S. I am running 1.0.2 now (obviously). I am one of those that upgraded to 1.1.1 based on posts here that there was no problem jailbreaking and modding 1.1.1, then used the method to go back to 1.0.2. I did have these alert sounds working before I did all that, but now they only give me a short "vibrate" with no sounds.

SECOND EDIT- I just realized that I get no sound when somebody calls me also. I only get the vibrate. Seems to me, this happened before when I modded my phone to get custom alert tones and ringtones. But, for the life of me, I can't remember how I resolved it. :)

THIRD (and FINAL) EDIT!- DUH, I'm so dumb sometimes. This new damn armband iPhone case I got, frequently flips off the silent switch on the side of my iPhone when I insert the iPhone into it. I remember now, that's what I discovered LAST time I went through this. Everything is working fine now. Sorry about the unecessary post.
Holy cow....