Alert sounds...

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by FatCobra43, Aug 18, 2011.

1. FatCobra43

FatCobra43 New Member

Hey everyone. Whenever I'm on the phone making a call and I receive a message, email or chime for a game it makes the noise and vibrates. The problem is that it's basically in my ear and annoys me. How do I turn that feature off so it doesn't bother me while I'm on the phone? Thanks.

2. Bennyboy

Bennyboy Genius
    Platinum

Go to notifications in your phone settings and find the application thats doing that, turn off sounds and keep badges and alerts on.

3. Kgd0630

Kgd0630 Contributor
    Bronze

Mine does it when I receive text messages while in a phone call. Can that be turned off? It is quite annoying.

Sent from my iPhone using iCafe app

4. Bennyboy

Bennyboy Genius
    Platinum

I've never heard of a way to turn it off only while on a phone call. sorry guys that's the only solution I know.

5. Laurence Holbrook

Laurence Holbrook New Member

iPhone 4
    Settings
    Sounds
    Text Tone
    None
    -----------
    Haven't checked, but maybe turn the ringer switch off?

6. Booyow1204

Booyow1204 Contributor
    Silver

I'm pretty sure the text tone none will work best, ringer off will make the phone vibrate still, if you go into settings like he mentioned and change it to none it won't even vibrate at all.

7. Kgd0630

Kgd0630 Contributor
    Bronze

Yeah, but that's turning it off all the time. We just mean we don't want to hear our text/email/alert tones alarming in our ear while we r talking! It's annoying to have to switch to vibrate during calls and back to ring after.

8. Booyow1204

Booyow1204 Contributor
    Silver

Looks like that's all the options we got until Apple makes an update or while an iPhone is stock, I'm sure jailbroken has a way around it, they have a way around everything.

9. Alan J

Alan J New Member

I'm afraid there is only two options for text tones and email alerts on or off, mine does it doesn't really bug me.

10. KirstyBarber

KirstyBarber New Member

Maybe you could put it on silent when you get a call but obviously that's annoying having to do that every time

11. MrMike6by9

MrMike6by9 Evangelist
    Gold

Reviving an old thread ... I was just asked by a family member if there's a way to minimize a reminder alarm's intrusion during a call. Obviously, both parties are hearing this sonic interruption. The alarm(s) are reminders for periodic medication dosing. Obviously, if one remembers in advance its not a problem ... however, we use the alarms for reminders. If we remembered without the reminders ... I think you get my drift ....

AdvTHANKSance

12. Ledsteplin

Ledsteplin Genius
    Gold

This from the stock Reminders app? I have a meds reminder from the Reminders app, but have never had any issue with someone else hearing the alert. I'll test it and report back.

Sent from my ancient but trustworthy iPhone 5.

13. MrMike6by9

MrMike6by9 Evangelist
    Gold

These alerts come from non-native alarm apps. The stock version(s) haven't proved to be sufficiently reliable nor customizable.

14. Ledsteplin

Ledsteplin Genius
    Gold

The stock Reminders app has been reliable for me in alerting me of when it's meds time. But that's all I use it for. But no, no customization or ability to copy and paste within the app.

Sent from my ancient but trustworthy iPhone 5.