Alerts sent to headset

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Bullgod

Bronze
Oct 15, 2012
Does anyone know of an App that will send the alert notifications for text and emails to a Bluetooth headset? When I have google maps running it does it but not any other time.

Cent frum my iPhone using iCafe app

Bullgod

Bronze
Oct 15, 2012
No I'm not. I've checked for settings and found nothing for bluetooth notifications.

Bullgod

Bronze
Oct 15, 2012
Yes I've tried resetting.
Santa that seems easy enough to fix, turn off your headset when you're not using it. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
I don't always carry my phone with me if I'm working outside etc. so it would be convenient for me to hear the alert through my headset if I receive an email or text msg.

RoofMonkey

Genius
Gold
Jun 21, 2010
Florida
I also get the alerts on my BT headset. BUT I notice there is a delay and I will only get a partial notification tone/sound. Maybe half of it. Try assigning a longer or custom tone. Mine is set to use a droid sounding spoof. Instead of it saying Droid.... it says iPhone. About 1.5 seconds long and it misses the first part. Same with email alert. Set a longer playing tone/alert.

Sent using iCafe app

Bullgod

Bronze
Oct 15, 2012
I do get the alerts if I have the voice navigation running in google maps or if I'm in the middle of a phone call so I don't think it's a length problem

Bullgod

Bronze
Oct 15, 2012
Hmm works with my Blackberry visor mount bluetooth in my truck so I'm guessing it's more to do with the Bluetooth device than the iPhone. So my next question is what devices are ppl using. The one I have now is very comfortable, I've had others that hurt my ear and give me a headache.

Europa

Senior Moderator
Dec 12, 2008
Utah
Hmm works with my Blackberry visor mount bluetooth in my truck so I'm guessing it's more to do with the Bluetooth device than the iPhone. So my next question is what devices are ppl using. The one I have now is very comfortable, I've had others that hurt my ear and give me a headache.
I get alerts through my Jawbone ICON HD regardless if A2DP is disabled or enabled. If you use Bluetooth a lot, I highly recommend a custom earpiece from AverySound.com. The stock earpieces are very uncomfortable compared to a custom earpiece. I can keep mine in my ear all day and it doesn't bother me. The stock ones become bothersome after just 15 minutes or so. Additionally, the custom earpieces increase the sound by about 4x, so it will actually be audible in very loud situations if you turn the volume up all the way. I had to turn the volume up all the way with the stock earpiece, so it was useless in even moderately loud situations.

Napoleon PhoneApart

Senior Moderator
Jun 19, 2007
Upper Marlboro, MD
I get alerts through my Jawbone ICON HD regardless if A2DP is disabled or enabled. If you use Bluetooth a lot, I highly recommend a custom earpiece from AverySound.com. The stock earpieces are very uncomfortable compared to a custom earpiece. I can keep mine in my ear all day and it doesn't bother me. The stock ones become bothersome after just 15 minutes or so. Additionally, the custom earpieces increase the sound by about 4x, so it will actually be audible in very loud situations if you turn the volume up all the way. I had to turn the volume up all the way with the stock earpiece, so it was useless in moderately loud situations.
I can vouch for this.

Bullgod

Bronze
Oct 15, 2012
Other than the alerts being sent to it are you happy with the way it works?

Santa

Evangelist
Gold
Jul 2, 2009
Colorado, USA
Yes. It's the 3rd plantronics of this line that I've had. I like the over the ear type model. I can wear it a long time and it's still comfy. It's got good sound, a really long battery life, and pretty decent noise cancellation.

My biggest complaint is that it's range (distance from the phone) seems to be less than some of the other bluetooth stuff I have. But I haven't found anything I like better.