Aliens and the Unknown

Bennyboy

Genius
Platinum
Jul 21, 2010
PA
Hawk, about the ghost hunt, did you do that for fun, a project etc...just curious

Hawk

Genius
Gold
Aug 2, 2007
ATL
well, the ex was one of those people that always had to have a project going, and after watching an episode of Ghost hunters, she was hooked. I even met Jason and Grant and crew.
For me, it was initially fun, but I have to say that MOST investigations prove to not offer evidence. It's gets expensive and boring after a while.

Bennyboy

Genius
Platinum
Jul 21, 2010
PA
It's one of those discussions that can make you by accident sound a little crazy, you either believe or not, I always have, and I have my own reasons why. For example I always thought that card readers were a waste of time and never wanted anything to do with it, till 4 years ago,
The lady not only read my past in details but she also got what was gonna happen to me right. Yeah, Crazy I know (^-^)

CanadianNemo

Genius
Gold
Aug 31, 2010
It's one of those discussions that can make you by accident sound a little crazy, you either believe or not, I always have, and I have my own reasons why. For example I always thought that card readers were a waste of time and never wanted anything to do with it, till 4 years ago,
The lady not only read my past in details but she also got what was gonna happen to me right. Yeah, Crazy I know (^-^)
I've never been to a card reader, but I am interested in going. Like aliens, I'm not sure what I believe when it comes to ghosts. I'm open to the possibility, but have had no personal experiences to sway my opinion towards the conclusion that they're out there. I'll fence-sit on this one, again, lol :p

Bennyboy

Genius
Platinum
Jul 21, 2010
PA
The card reader was a friend of my sisters, I never met her before, she told me things that were first too personal, second that I never told anybody def. Not my sister.

She told me to be on a gard for something, I started laughing, it happened to me 3 days later. i told her I didn't believe on card readers so she told me to give it a try. Never spoke bad about it ever again.

iP5

Evangelist
Gold
Sep 7, 2010
Toronto
Since we're being whimsical.

I've always been seduced by the idea that time is both vast and persistent despite that our perception of it is very constrained.

We seem to be well capable of comprehending a spatial universe. I know the boundary of where I am and where I am not. I can also track what I think to be everything else in the universe according to it's spatial effect.

When it comes to time though we are cripples. We only exist in the instant that we call now. We only recognize the reality that experienced a common history/path leading to our now. We can only recall our particular past and can never know our future. Finally, we can never interact with anything outside of our now.

What if true reality actually has every other temporal path and instant existing and persistent. The truth is each of us is only aware of the things that cross within our spatial boundaries. That we see each other is only the result of light making contact with both of us and communicating the existence of the other to our sense. Yet, even if we never ever see the far side of the moon, it is still there.

By a similar token we only sense the universe that is temporally common. But even if we never sense the rest, I like the notion that it exists nonetheless.

Sent from my Desire HD using Tapatalk

acosmichippo

Genius
Platinum
Sep 10, 2007
DC
I'm waiting anxiously for the South Park episode about Ghost Hunters. I can feel it in my bones.

evolution83

Zealot
Gold
Mar 2, 2009
California
I'd like to go back to my first post since there wasn't much discussion on the videos posted.

When I first came across the Area 51 caller video, I must say, the emotion presented was a bit disturbing. If you really sit and listen to it, it's coming from a dark place....or is it?

This second video presents another story. The caller, Brian, calls in to Art Bells' show again and claims his initial call was all a joke, and that he does wacky "characters" on his show often.​

Let's listen...​

Brian claims he called a week prior and hung up on Art Bell. Towards the end of the video, Brian says this whole situation has been bugging him for "months". It sounds as if someone can't get their story straight.

Was Brian in fact telling the truth when he claims his initial call was all a joke, or did someone force him to call and cover up his story?

I have more on this to post, but I'd like to get a discussion on the above videos going first, then I'll reply back with more.

Europa

Senior Moderator
Dec 12, 2008
Utah
Anyone see the 1993 movie "Fire in the Sky?" It's about an extraterrestrial encounter and claims to be based on true events. Not bad.