Aliens and the Unknown

Bennyboy

Genius
Platinum
Jul 21, 2010
PA
Anybody afraid of us? Not outside this planet no, if theres anything out there is certainly smarter than us and way more advanced, if they wanted to destroy our planet they would've done so a long time ago, but after keeping a close eye on us they figure will do that just fine on our own, it's more fun that way.

Hondamaker

Genius
Gold
May 14, 2007
Fairborn, Ohio
Listen to Coast-to-Coast with George Noory. He has lots of guests who speak of aliens who are already hanging out here, keeping us from destruction. It's a hoot!

Jul 19, 2008
London or Miami
The Question shouldn't be "Are we alone". The question should be what happens "when our species meet?" because if they have the power/know how to reach us then they too are capable of the atrocities we Humans are capable of.

History has a rather prophetic way of showing what happened to the beings that were disadvantaged in any way. Indians vs the Europeans. etc. is a great example.

Granted, yes we are the only "hospitable" planet *that we know of for the Human species* around the area but maybe where our planet or system is situated we could be on say... an outer rim, or unknown system, or nothing has or is capable of coming to us from so far.

I believe we're not alone, and In fact I believe we are being observed and studied. Have a read about Sumerians and the ancient drawings of "beings with what appear to have space suits on". Have a read about a potential Progenitor species that may have led to our creation and population of the planet, however in ancient times we might have out numbered them, killed them, rebelled, destroyed things. etc. Take the fall of Egypt for example by the Romans/Greeks etc. History writes it one way... I see it as "The human army, vs the Progenitor's empire". That Progenitor species probably is still among us, watching and observing us and seeing how far we "go". For all we know we probably amaze and impress them with our advancement. Which is most likely why we're just being observed. (If I create something, and then it starts improving itself, I'd like to keep it around to see what it will do next, if it becomes stagnant I will erase it and start again). For all we know... because of this rebellion "they" could have limited our brain functionality to prevent us for quite some time of doing what our bodies are capable of. Why do we have such a massive brain to body ratio, and why do we only use certain areas of the brain and not the entire organ? Interesting. The price we paid for overthrowing them? but they observe us now in the "nature always finds a way" scenario? Maybe.

We could have been created in massive quantities and specialized per the different regions around the planet as a labor force or slaves. (This would explain why We as a species have so many variations/adaptations and we are all not the same eyes, hair, colour like Goldfish for example.) I say specialized per Planet regions in the sense of Darker skin humans can survive in hot climates where a "nordic" person would die of sun burn/skin issues etc. Like how Oriental persons have their eyes the way they do as they may have stemmed from cold windy mountainous terrain. etc. I could expand more on this as to why Mix raced individuals are superior genetically to others but w/e.

Do you believe that Egypt was one of the empires that perpetuated us as humans? Why is it that the pyramids and outer lying pyramids of Giza mirror Orion's belt within inches tolerance, and the entire constellation itself? Why is it that those same Pyramids are at the EXACT central axis of the entire planet? Why is is that across the planet there are pyramids in each different "tribe" or culture that are all strategically placed? What do you believe is underneath all that sand and stone? A great machine? An underground array? a vessel? or maybe its a necropolis? Maybe some type of gate, or transport between our system, and the Orion system or maybe something that creates Humans/manufactures them?

For what its worth... I think we as humans are still in a golden age. Technology and impossible thought and radical thought are things that are becoming more and more tangible. Its only a matter of time before we start to explore en mass our surrounding planets and systems. We have est~ 6.8Billion people on this planet and its nowhere near carrying capacity. The more we expand and develop ourselves is when i think whatever is out there will interact with us and let their presense be known. Who knows... maybe our entire system is being cloaked to prevent whatever is out there from destroying our very very young species.

I forgot to add... They might make themselves known to us if we are unintentionally or maybe intentionally about to destroy ourselves and the planet. But I find that situation a 50/50. The universe doesn't give a crap if one system collapses. We are as insignificant as microbes in the grand scale of things... that said (yay contradiction) if they've been observing us, and how we are advancing maybe they will help us undo our self destruction.

Jul 19, 2008
London or Miami
The problem with Humans is that we are a warring species. We exist to subjugate everything under our reign, and we are EFFICIENT and ruthless at it. We are a double edged sword because along with our innate ability to conquer our survival instincts are also extremely resilient right down to our DNA and cells. "there are modes of survival our bodies are prepared to accept" should our species fall.

Cinema is a great insight as to what could happen. In the case of a less intelligent species coming to us (IE District 9) We will conquer/experiment and subjugate them until we get everything we need from them, and then erase them. (Oh how I fear the Universe will weep, when we start and become efficient at planetary expansion, because it'll be Humans vs whatever (similar to Europeans vs the Native populations).

Last edited by a moderator:

Hawk

Genius
Gold
Aug 2, 2007
ATL
Hopefully we will have the Prime Directive in place before we explore Space.

Jun 19, 2007
Upper Marlboro, MD
To misquote the old man in "The Golden Child":

"Those magnificent humans - so much power and so little understanding what to do with it."

(L)

Contributor
Bronze
Nov 7, 2010
Arizona
May 22st it won't matter. We will all be reset and starting anew.

May 21st end of the world. I believe it. It was on a billboard.

Isn't it supposed to be December 21'st

iNinja

Zealot
Gold
Aug 8, 2008
UK
When I think about things like this I get genuinely afriad. Not afraid of aliens or anything like that, but afraid of the vastness that is space.

When I try to comprehend just how big it is I get really anxious haha. Like what is at the end of space? Is it like the truman show and the set ends? ha.

With regards intelligent life on other planets, due to the age and amount of other potential planets I find it hard to imagine anything other than life on other planets. I don't think they would look like us, walk like us, talk like us - I think that each planets environment moulds the life and thereforee I cant begin to think what they would look like.

This is why I hate (love) questions like this because its all open to interpretation.

Jan 18, 2011
South East USA
www.prazim.com
I'm going with Mac on this one. There might be other micro-organisms out there but I don't think there are any other intelligent beings other than us. Also, why does everybody think that if there are "Aliens" they are smarter/better than us?

Oct 2, 2009
New Jersey
www.abelgancsos.com
HA! i love this.

what i think is that there deff are other creatures out there. to say that humans and animals are the only things that exist would be quite arrogant of us humans. now i know this thought sounds unusual from an atheist, but what i'm saying about aliens is that they exist, but never will i say they created us. they're kindda like us, but smarter and better evolved.

KabaModern

Zealot
Gold
Mar 31, 2008
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Absolutely there are other forms of intelligent life out there. As Mindi referenced, it's too improbable for there not to be. If anyone hasn't yet, they should seriously read some of Michio Kaku's books... that man has an incredible mind.

On another note, surely some of you have seen this, right?

Jul 19, 2008
London or Miami
I'm going with Mac on this one. There might be other micro-organisms out there but I don't think there are any other intelligent beings other than us. Also, why does everybody think that if there are "Aliens" they are smarter/better than us?
Well... If they are able to come to our planet and make themselves known, while we still haven't (at this present time) setup permanent settlement on other planets or the creation of ships (not these little space shuttles, im talking colossal ships to move more than 12 people). Then yes... they're smarter than us as the technology needed for stellar and interstellar travel is advanced beyond our current means.

With the Universe so old, there is bound to be more intelligent life. We for example didn't just spring up out of nowhere... and we are an intelligent complex species. If we exist... then other comprehensive intelligent species exist as well. To say they don't is Human ignorance.

Jul 19, 2008
London or Miami
When I think about things like this I get genuinely afriad. Not afraid of aliens or anything like that, but afraid of the vastness that is space.

When I try to comprehend just how big it is I get really anxious haha. Like what is at the end of space? Is it like the truman show and the set ends? ha.

With regards intelligent life on other planets, due to the age and amount of other potential planets I find it hard to imagine anything other than life on other planets. I don't think they would look like us, walk like us, talk like us - I think that each planets environment moulds the life and thereforee I cant begin to think what they would look like.

This is why I hate (love) questions like this because its all open to interpretation.
The sheer size f it all is beyond current human thought and imagination. Think of the Universe as the size of the Sun, and we are atoms. I think its more of the feeling of insignificance that turns into fear of the unknown.

Hondamaker

Genius
Gold
May 14, 2007
Fairborn, Ohio
So you're saying that in this endless, infinite universe, you think there are no intelligent beings? No beings that have been there for hundreds of thousands of years. You think that's impossible? I don't think you fully understand the scope of the sheer size (infinite) and age of the universe, not to mention other possible universes. Don't be so closed-minded, Redneck, you're better than that.

Hondamaker

Genius
Gold
May 14, 2007
Fairborn, Ohio
Absolutely there are other forms of intelligent life out there. As Mindi referenced, it's too improbable for there not to be. If anyone hasn't yet, they should seriously read some of Michio Kaku's books... that man has an incredible mind.

On another note, surely some of you have seen this, right?
I finally read the post. It was awesome!

acosmichippo

Genius
Platinum
Sep 10, 2007
DC
aliens exist. But most of the ones that do exist are probably no more advanced than we are, which means they're not close enough to actually get here.

For the sake of argument, if an alien race could overcome the difficulties of traveling thousands of lightyears through space to get here, they have the ability to keep themselves from our government - the same government who took 10 years to find OBL.

acosmichippo

Genius
Platinum
Sep 10, 2007
DC
The problem with Humans is that we are a warring species.
not true. There are plenty of peaceful human cultures throughout history. The problem is the dominating cultures draw lines in the sand, execute or exploit everyone else, and claim the earth as theirs with which to do as they please.

Hawk

Genius
Gold
Aug 2, 2007
ATL
Damn Illuminati is screwing it up for everyone...