All Apps Crashing!

Hondamaker

Genius
Gold
May 14, 2007
Fairborn, Ohio
I went to sync my iPhone, and when iTunes recognized it, the name of my phone was just iPhone. It's been Jack's iPhone since forever, so I just changed the name back to Jack's iPhone. After I synced, all apps I got from the app store crash as soon as I open them. The native apps all open fine, but every single app I added crash. I rebooted a few times to no avail. WTH!

Europa

Senior Moderator
Dec 12, 2008
Utah
Restoring would be the next step.

Hondamaker

Genius
Gold
May 14, 2007
Fairborn, Ohio
Deep down I knew that, but had hoped someone would come up with some magical remedy. Oh well.

KabaModern

Zealot
Gold
Mar 31, 2008
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
I went to sync my iPhone, and when iTunes recognized it, the name of my phone was just iPhone. It's been Jack's iPhone since forever, so I just changed the name back to Jack's iPhone. After I synced, all apps I got from the app store crash as soon as I open them. The native apps all open fine, but every single app I added crash. I rebooted a few times to no avail. WTH!
All you need to do is delete one of the applications, go into the App Store and redownload it and then reboot your iPhone. This has worked for me numerous times when I was running 2.x...

Jul 19, 2008
London or Miami
Im guessing the name linked to the apps vs the name of the device is causing confusion.
Just delete the apps that are crashing, then re-download then re-spring or restart the phone and all should be well.

If not, you'll need to restore.

Hondamaker

Genius
Gold
May 14, 2007
Fairborn, Ohio
Im guessing the name linked to the apps vs the name of the device is causing confusion.
Just delete the apps that are crashing, then re-download then re-spring or restart the phone and all should be well.

If not, you'll need to restore.
Well, that would be very time consuming as ALL the apps are crashing!

KNK

Jul 22, 2007
Stevenson Ranch
I read on twitter that AT&T is down in hawaii, could that be the cause and then trickle down to other things?

Maybe Chris spilled his glass of chardonnay on his keyboard.

dturner

Zealot
Gold
Dec 15, 2007
Louisville, Ky.
I read on twitter that AT&T is down in hawaii, could that be the cause and then trickle down to other things?

Maybe Chris spilled his glass of chardonnay on his keyboard.
Well, welcome back sir. Good to see you. I am on twitter too if you care to share your screen name. My link is in my sig.

KNK

Jul 22, 2007
Stevenson Ranch
Well, welcome back sir. Good to see you. I am on twitter too if you care to share your screen name. My link is in my sig.
Mine is KNK_DESIGN and there are many that I tweet with, Lincoln, kokogirl, youngbinks, psycho etc

dturner

Zealot
Gold
Dec 15, 2007
Louisville, Ky.
Mine is KNK_DESIGN and there are many that I tweet with, Lincoln, kokogirl, youngbinks, psycho etc
OK. Cool. These and many other EIC folks are on my list. I didn't like it when twitter changed the @replys. If it was like before, I would have seen you.

KNK

Jul 22, 2007
Stevenson Ranch
OK. Cool. These and many other EIC folks are on my list. I didn't like it when twitter changed the @replys. If it was like before, I would have seen you.
Thank Chris for that..Also Chris is going to put me in charge of the New Blog thing that he listed today, I am going to be in charge of the reviews before they can be posted......gonna rip um if they are not right. Also Chris is paying me a good salary for the hard work.

See you over there on the twit

Europa

Senior Moderator
Dec 12, 2008
Utah
Yeah, problems can carry over with the back ups so it's best to restore to factory settings in cases like these.

Glad to hear you got it fixed :)

Hondamaker

Genius
Gold
May 14, 2007
Fairborn, Ohio
Yeah, problems can carry over with the back ups so it's best to restore to factory settings in cases like these.

Glad to hear you got it fixed :)
Yeah, but what a big pain in the rectum! (Rectum, damn near killed him!)

I take it you're a Kill Bill fan?

Europa

Senior Moderator
Dec 12, 2008
Utah
Yeah, a Quentin Tarantino fan.