All Apps Open

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Lincoln

Gold
Aug 11, 2007
So, I was bored this afternoon, and thought:
"I wonder what would happen if I opened every app on my Mac?"

So, I tried it. Went into the Hard Drive and selected every app in the Applications folder, then double clicked.

Madness. The dock had about 50 icons in it and the desktop was so crowded not even Expose could view everything. The Mac was too busy loading everything to take a screenshot, so I took a took a shot of the Dock with the iPhone.

It didn't damage the Mac in any way, but after waiting 10 minutes I just manually restarted it.

[NOTE: The picture of the Dock below does not include every app open, only about half.]

Attachments

skiz420

Bronze
Jul 28, 2007
Boston
Thats just ridiculous lol i should try to search for every exe file on my pc and run it... i would most likely cause a dump in about 2 mins of things loading... lol

Lincoln

Gold
Aug 11, 2007
Just an example of the retarded things I do when I'm bored. :p
There were about 40 applications open that I didn't even know existed...

ataq

Bronze
Sep 17, 2007
thats good stuff, my old pc runs close to 10 apps and its starts going into self destruct mode:p

Youngbinks

Zealot
Gold
Jun 4, 2007
Atlanta, Georgia
If I were to do that on my laptop (Sony Vaio) I really think I would have a literal meltdown. CPU usage would somehow sky rocket to over 100% and the whole thing would fry.

iamtko

Zealot
Gold
Sep 18, 2007
Houston
If I were to do that on my laptop (Sony Vaio) I really think I would have a literal meltdown. CPU usage would somehow sky rocket to over 100% and the whole thing would fry.
(starts another chant)MELTDOWN!MELTDOWN!MELTDOWN!MELTDOWN!MELTDOWN!MELTDOWN!MELTDOWN!MELTDOWN!MELTDOWN!MELTDOWN!MELTDOWN!MELTDOWN!

Lincoln

Gold
Aug 11, 2007
I did it again today and let it sit for for about 40 minutes.
When I came back, they had actually all loaded and were all open.
Man, the dock was like invisible there were so many. The picture in the OP gives you no idea how small it was.

iamtko

Zealot
Gold
Sep 18, 2007
Houston
I did it again today and let it sit for for about 40 minutes.
When I came back, they had actually all loaded and were all open.
Man, the dock was like invisible there were so many. The picture in the OP gives you no idea how small it was.
that's freaking awesome :D

iphonewarrior

Apr 11, 2008
You guys are all nuts. I tried it, managed to launch my dashboard and noticed my CPU was at 94 degrees C. I held the power button down until it turned off. Needless to say, my laptop was red hot- I wont be doing that again.