All contacts lost, Pkgbackup PLS HELP

ilker

Aug 26, 2012
Dear all,

I recently had a bad experience with Pkgbackup and don't know what to do to bring my contacts back. I wanted to upgrade to IOS 5.1.1 and was trying to back up my apps and Jailbreak apps as well. I backed up in iTunes, then installed Pkgbackup (as an advice from a friend), backed up there as well, then synced in iTunes. Now, all I see in my contacts is weird titles like Pkg_0e0cdc..... or Pkg_2012_08_27_03_21_48. I tried to restore from iTunes but seems like earlier back ups are replaced with the one after I synced with Pkgbackup. Is there anyone who can kindly help me to bring my contacts back? I'd greatly appreciate.

Thank you for reading my post.

Dec 10, 2009
Clarksburg, WV
No, you should have access to older iTunes backups.

With your iDevice plugged in, launch iTunes.
When you see your device on the left hand side, right click.
A menu should come up, select: restore from backup. From there you should be able to select a backup date you know your contacts where all there.

ilker

Aug 26, 2012
Thanks for your message snowtrooper1966.

Unfortunately, it seems that my earlier back up is replaced with the back up I did after installing Pkgbackup. I looked at the back up folders, the earlier one has documents modified before Pkgbackup but when I try to restore, I can only see one back up. It's frustraging :/

ilker

Aug 26, 2012
No, you should have access to older iTunes backups.

With your iDevice plugged in, launch iTunes.
When you see your device on the left hand side, right click.
A menu should come up, select: restore from backup. From there you should be able to select a backup date you know your contacts where all there.
Thanks for your message snowtrooper1966.

Unfortunately, it seems that my earlier back up is replaced with the back up I did after installing Pkgbackup. I looked at the back up folders, the earlier one has documents modified before Pkgbackup but when I try to restore, I can only see one back up. It's frustraging :/