All Cydia Sources GONE!

fearofnormalcy

Evangelist
Gold
Jul 8, 2010
New Port Richey, FL
www.facebook.com
Okay, a buddy sent me a text saying all his sources had vanished from Cydia...upon opening mine, I too got this message "Error: Database Problem parsing dependency suggests", and to my dismay, ALL my sources are gone. Everything else seems to work...the Cydia home page comes up, however it no longer shows my saved SHSH blobs.

Is this something that will be remedied on Saurik's end, or do I have to restore AGAIN?

Europa

Senior Moderator
Dec 12, 2008
Utah
No worries. Your SHSHs are still stored on his server. The indication of the saved blobs is not always accurate.

As far as all sources, you'll probably just need to wait until it's available again. I added them all once and I wished I hadn't. It increased the Cydia load time quite a bit. That was on the 3G, though.

Peacekepr

Bronze
Jul 30, 2010
Thank God - thought I was the only one and was worried as the SHSHs were gone!
Was worried that I would need to do a restore and was worried I would lose my jailbreak!

iphonewarrior

Apr 11, 2008
ZodTTD/MacCiti uploaded a corrupt Package.

According to this...

I'm getting sick of these guys doing this, they've done this quite a few times now.

It says it's been resolved, but I'm still having the same problem. I have also rebooted again. I would rather not have to restore. But if that's the case I'll wait until the the JB for 4.2 comes out and then start over.

offroadhunter

Silver
Apr 1, 2009
New York
It'll be back up, just temporary.. I had a few updates earlier today and there's nothing I need right this second that can't wait.

iphonewarrior

Apr 11, 2008
I think a lot of people are still having the same problem. I get an error when refreshing, it's a total pain when this happens. Hopefully it'll correct itself and you/I wont have to restore.

I'll post anything info I find in this thread.

Europa

Senior Moderator
Dec 12, 2008
Utah
It'll be back up, just temporary.. I had a few updates earlier today and there's nothing I need right this second that can't wait.
Agreed. Those that are experiencing problems just need to give it a little time. I really doubt this is going to require a restore...

iphonewarrior

Apr 11, 2008
I have every faith that it'll sort it's self out. Cydia's having a few hours off.

dalvar3

Jan 26, 2011
Update from my end right now, cydia not working either, no shsh, no sources, no packages. Hoping this gets sorted soon. THis kind of issues freak me out for a possible painful restore.

{StatuSChecKa}

Contributor
Silver
Jul 7, 2010
NorCal
I to am having this issue as well. Nothing under the Changes tab.
All well, will be fixed soon I suppose. Glad i'm not the only one.

crystus

Bronze
Jul 5, 2009
Deltona, FL
You could always manually update or reinstall cydia through ssh. I had the same issue happen and manually updated to the a newer cydia version and once that was complete all my sources were there. No restore needed.

iphonewarrior

Apr 11, 2008
You can do it all from the phone. If you want to manually attempt this, use Mobile Terminal.

Tarek

Jan 26, 2011
Same problem for me.

I have the same problem with the same message. "Suggests"
This is different than the standard message which is "conflicts".

I will now wait and see if it fixes itself as the thread suggests. :p

dalvar3

Jan 26, 2011
I tried to make an update (apt-get udate) to Cydia through Terminal and even reinstall (apt-get remove cydia / apt-get install cydia) but it is not working. We will have to wait.

iphonewarrior

Apr 11, 2008
Cydia's fixed! Yay!

Launch the app, let it download new packages. If you get an error, hit changes, then tap refresh. Job done!

Tarek

Jan 26, 2011
Well it is now up for me. Everything is back to normal.
Patience everyone....