All I want for Xmas is an iPhone Update.

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

whale_hunter

Bronze
Sep 11, 2007
I like the fact that it was over 2 weeks ago we were "supposed" to get one, and here we sit with nothing still.

Anyone heard anything?

acosmichippo

Genius
Platinum
Sep 10, 2007
DC
my suggestion is to stop obsessing over it. there's no reason to believe anything substantial will be released until the SDK.

kokogirl

Gold
Sep 8, 2007
Sunny Florida
Sorry to be dense, but could you give me a little more detail.
I sync the iPod to my computer 1st, then sync my iPhone to my computer?
Thanks in advance.
Yes. Usually your ipod has already synced to the computer because that is how you get the music into the ipod. That is how I sync music onto my ipod through iTunes.

Plug your iPhone into the computer. The computer and iTunes are super smart and somehow magically know that iPhone is plugged in (I am less than technical so I cannot use technical terms). When the computer and iTunes recognize your iPhone, you can chose your music (playlists of music and photos and movies, etc) to sync to your phone through iTunes.

Tinman

Evangelist
Gold
Jul 16, 2007
Aridzona
I usually get several updates on my iPhone each morning, and often a new app or two. They come to me via Installer and I don't even need to get to a computer to get 'em.

Apple's updates to date are embarrassing by comparison.

--
Mike

tharmsen

Silver
Jul 5, 2007
let me rub my magic ball(s) again and see what the future holds....

NO UPDATE ANYTIME SOON.

These "update" posts are so silly... Some people NEVER learn..
]
They have been rapid fire and non-stop since iDay. It's absolutely amazing people can sit around and wait daily for something... for months and months and months.

greenjbhsd

Silver
Jul 13, 2007
I usually get several updates on my iPhone each morning, and often a new app or two. They come to me via Installer and I don't even need to get to a computer to get 'em.

Apple's updates to date are embarrassing by comparison.

--
Mike
Toooooooooooooo true. I am waiting for an app to come along that makes the phone part of the phone more reliable. I am convinced that in the effort to conserve battery power the antenna powers down a good bit and takes a bit to come back up when you use the phone. If that is truly what is happening I want to stop that. I need the phone to be a phone and I find that it is really failing in this category.

Ramesh

Zealot
Gold
Jul 12, 2007
Irvine, Ca.
I think the next update will be quite minor as well. IMO it'll be weeks, if not months after the SDK until we see anything useful/entertaining from a "legit" 3rd party (excluding vendors who receive their sdk early).