all iPhone app. !@$#woah

adseguy

Bronze
Jul 1, 2007
really makes me wanna mod my phone.
Why don't you? The iPhone is a computer with a recoverable drive. At worst if something like a "virus" gets installed your recovery mode will let you restore a fresh copy. If you are scared about voiding warranty, that you are correct, but who has to know when you can restore it.:laugh2:

Without these neat and useful tools/games the iPhone would be bland to me by now......still love it, but this keeps the fun factor going :)

bbguy5

Bronze
Jul 26, 2007
Rolling Meadows, IL
same, did mine yesterday, if your phone freezes after installing an app, don't FREAK and start cursing and cutting yourself.

Just hold the on/off and home button to shut down your phone, then turn it back on. I love it.

I'll post the source file i have, it includes 3 other "community sources" that are trusted. Your going to have to install terminal, bsd, SSH, and then Download Putty or winscp to SSH to your phone.

remember to remove the .txt extension...it should be .plist

If you have questions, PM me!

Attachments

iphonecrazyy

Bronze
Aug 15, 2007
I recommend anyone considering modding their phone does it!

You will see that it is very worth it, and it is very easy as well.

Just go for it, I just re-modded mine today after restoring and it took about 5 minutes.

DO IT!:laugh2:

Wet1

Bronze
Sep 17, 2007
CT Shoreline
As tempting as it is to mod my phone, I haven't seen any applications that look very interesting (useful) AND work flawlessly.

OTOH, I haven't spent too much time looking into all the current apps either...

iamtko

Zealot
Gold
Sep 18, 2007
Houston
well I just got mine on Sunday and really haven't had the time to do any online research.

I knew most if that was out there, but I didn't know it was that easy! And I thought the video was hilarious so it was a winwin

wildonrio

Gold
Jul 4, 2007
Provo, UT
As tempting as it is to mod my phone, I haven't seen any applications that look very interesting (useful) AND work flawlessly.

OTOH, I haven't spent too much time looking into all the current apps either...
GPS is now available, that's pretty freaking interesting if you ask me!