all iPod content not showing up on phone, but in iTunes

suasex

Bronze
Jul 27, 2008
my songs and videos appear and play in iTunes but when I load the iPod app on the phone it says "no content." can anyone help?

TangoTango

Bronze
Jul 19, 2008
Las Vegas
Well, start with the basics for us.......give us some details.

When you synch your iPhone, what settings are you using, E.G., for Music and stuff.

suasex

Bronze
Jul 27, 2008
Well, start with the basics for us.......give us some details.

When you synch your iPhone, what settings are you using, E.G., for Music and stuff.

sorry, a little frazzled...ha.

I don't sync music, I add it manually. I also don't have auto sync on.

I'm baffled, I've done a hard reset (holding sleep/home buttone for 10 seconds) and all the content plays fine when connected to the computer.

on the phone 'about' section it says I have zero songs and zero videos, 14.6 gb available with about 7 gb in use, so it knows the space is gone.

anything else that would help?

jarofclay73

Zealot
Gold
Jun 23, 2008
Honolulu, Hawaii
Have songs showed up on your iPhone before or did you just get your iPhone and songs NEVER showed up?

If it is a software problem, doing a software update and/or a restore might help.

If it is something else, you may want to return it to the store you got it from.

TangoTango

Bronze
Jul 19, 2008
Las Vegas
I can't think of anything off hand except to maybe turn on the auto synch and let the phone do all the work at least once.

How many playlists do you have, and did iTunes sort and place them correctly when moving them to the iPhone?

suasex

Bronze
Jul 27, 2008
I've had the phone for 2 weeks and have had no problem listening to music, did all day today infact. when I was at dinner I tried launching some programs and nothing would load, except the ipod app which was when everything appeared to be gone, or invisible rather. I guess I'll just try a restore.

jarofclay73

Zealot
Gold
Jun 23, 2008
Honolulu, Hawaii
I've had the phone for 2 weeks and have had no problem listening to music, did all day today infact. when I was at dinner I tried launching some programs and nothing would load, except the ipod app which was when everything appeared to be gone, or invisible rather. I guess I'll just try a restore.
Yeah, the fact that apps wouldn't launch either is a dead giveaway. Time to restore.

suasex

Bronze
Jul 27, 2008
great. what a pain! am restoring now, hopefully it turns out well.

Aug 10, 2008
same problem here...

this exact same thing has happened to my phone...

it was working fine and then it suddenly says there is no music on my phone, although when plugged into iTunes it is all there - you can even play the phones music content from iTunes!

also my apps now longer work - happened at the same time.

i also "manually manage" my music and have disabled auto sync.

phone is not jailbroke and is 2.01.

anyone else? any ideas?