all my apps toggled off - help!

raxelsen

Bronze
Nov 16, 2008
Dublin
www.moneymadeonline.ws
Here is the situation: my iPhone desktop has only got Installer in the top left corner, and Phone+Mail+iPod+Text on the bottom line of the screen.

Why?: After JBing for the first time (only opting for Cydia), I decided to play around. I found some features apps in Cydia, and experimented. I found this neat app (BossPrefs) where you can toggle off apps from your desktop. I coupled this with another app, Quickgold which basically lets me access a search function for all apps, contacts etc by pressing the home button.

So far so good. I now proceeded to toggle off all apps except for Phone+Mail+iPod+Text which I left on the bottom line of the screen. Seemed like a good idea at the time, you see - cause I could still access all apps from my home button (theoretically).

I went back to the desktop, and the desktop started to reload. The problem was that i never stopped loading. So I restarted the iPhone, and it got stuck loading and never fully got started.

Problem is: I now used Quickpwn to JB again and install Installer and Cydia. My desktop only has Installer on it though. The reason for this is that I did not install it the first time around. The problem is that no other apps show up, even if I press the home key (I guess the QuickGold app has not been activated yet). No apps show, and I want to toggle them on again.

Help: Does anyone know if I can use Installer or any of it's apps to toggle on the apps again? Would be really nice to get access to BossPrefs again.

raxelsen

Bronze
Nov 16, 2008
Dublin
www.moneymadeonline.ws
Correction: BossPrefs and QuickGold was what I installed, not BossFirst and Quickhome.

I managed to get back access to BossPrefs! I installed the Rename app from a Installer package, and renamed BossPrefs which made it show up on the desktop. Thanks me :)