All sprint customers

Rugaby

Genius
Gold
Feb 18, 2011
Washington state
When you get your iPhone tomorrow do not power it on. Call into customer care first.
Thank you.

Rugaby

Genius
Gold
Feb 18, 2011
Washington state
No

It's your call. Add twenty minutes to it or wait to turn it on. If you power it on first thing we will do is reset it. Wasted your time setting it up now wasting more of your time while you wait for the reset. Agents get paid by the hour. Doesn't matter to them.

Europa

Senior Moderator
Dec 12, 2008
Utah
They're anticipating problems with activation? Makes sense. Mine (AT&T) wouldn't activate last year so I had to take it in to an AT&T store for activation.

Sep 21, 2012
is that that necessary ..i am expecting it in couple of days

Rugaby

Genius
Gold
Feb 18, 2011
Washington state
Only two ways to program a sprint phone. Manually. By entering the master service lock code or hands free. Only way to trigger hands free is erase all settings in the device then it will be triggered for hands free activation.

An iPhone can't be manually programmed. Has to be hands free.

Rugaby

Genius
Gold
Feb 18, 2011
Washington state
Update for all sprint customers
We are unable to activate iPhones. Only can be done in store lol
Classic I know
Also when you do change over to the iPhone 5 we are hearing tht contacts won't sync over

Hillbilly

Bronze
Feb 9, 2011
Update for all sprint customers
We are unable to activate iPhones. Only can be done in store lol
Classic I know
Also when you do change over to the iPhone 5 we are hearing tht contacts won't sync over
If a Sprint user has synced with iTunes or iCloud, why wouldn't contacts sync to iPhone 5?

Rugaby

Genius
Gold
Feb 18, 2011
Washington state
If a Sprint user has synced with iTunes or iCloud, why wouldn't contacts sync to iPhone 5?
Hard wire from iTunes we are hearing works. From the cloud for some reason won't work.
It doesn't make sense but that's what is happening.
Granted we don't know about all users just the ones we hear from. Which has been a lot

Rugaby

Genius
Gold
Feb 18, 2011
Washington state
My center can now do activations. Every other center can't yet. When you call in ask If the center is in Washington or not

Hillbilly

Bronze
Feb 9, 2011
Hard wire from iTunes we are hearing works. From the cloud for some reason won't work.
It doesn't make sense but that's what is happening.
Granted we don't know about all users just the ones we hear from. Which has been a lot
I guess their unlimited data is limited.

Jul 16, 2009
Hmmm turned iPhone on went through motions all is working good, I am a new customer though might be different

My center can now do activations. Every other center can't yet. When you call in ask If the center is in Washington or not
I went through HELL activating mine. First girl switched all 3 of my lines around.. my 4s had my girls number her 4s had my number and the 5 had the new line. Called back after that and another girl had me all fixed up (minus having to restore all 3 phones) in about 25 minutes..