All the News?

netshadow

Bronze
Apr 21, 2007
Upstate NY
Now that we are below two weeks and counting down to ten days, and Apple has released new information concerning specs on the iPhone (yes!,) could it be time for AT&T to release some news about rate plans, insurance, etc, etc. ? Just wondering why they need to wait, they have already had 5 months and so many days.

shift_2kmaxima

Bronze
Jun 9, 2007
could it be time for AT&T to release some news about rate plans, insurance, etc, etc. ? Just wondering why they need to wait, they have already had 5 months and so many days.
+1

10 char

ahactor

Bronze
Apr 4, 2007
Hickland, OH
I am so excited for all of this. I understand why Apple has been soo secretive. It's like Chistmas. I mean, all of us are hooked, and all we can think about is iPhone. By being secretive, it drives us crazy. And I know that "Christmas morning" we will all be pleased. =]

iGeorge

Jun 7, 2007
My guess as to why they are waiting till the very end to release Full Specs, Data Plan and Warranty/Insurance info is to to give the competitors less time to compete with the iPhone.

Meaning, if they would have released the Full Specs weeks/months ago then you would have seen Verizon, Sprint and T-Mobil all trying to find a way to keep there own customers by either lowering there own Rates or releasing Commercials saying "why buy the iPhone when our ______ phone does the same thing for half the price"

If the competitors doesn't know what they are competing against, then it makes it harder for them to compete.

n9ngx

May 31, 2007
My guess as to why they are waiting till the very end to release Full Specs, Data Plan and Warranty/Insurance info is to to give the competitors less time to compete with the iPhone.

Meaning, if they would have released the Full Specs weeks/months ago then you would have seen Verizon, Sprint and T-Mobil all trying to find a way to keep there own customers by either lowering there own Rates or releasing Commercials saying "why buy the iPhone when our ______ phone does the same thing for half the price"

If the competitors doesn't know what they are competing against, then it makes it harder for them to compete.
Basically it's because AT&T is incompetent ! Pure and simple!

wjp09

Zealot
Gold
Feb 25, 2007
NJ
11 days and counting until my new holiday.

soloudinhere

Bronze
Jun 18, 2007

I hate to say this, but the relevant competitive information is already available in patent and FCC filings. The FCC filings especially reveal all of the necessary information about key features. There is no way Apple could keep everything completely secret. The Prada even came out BEFORE the iPhone. There will be plenty of competition. In terms of competitive advertising- it's not really necessary. The iPhone is a premium device and the vast majority won't be willing to switch carriers and throw down that kind of money for an Apple phone.

spacerog

Bronze
Jun 11, 2007
www.spacerogue.net
While the phone itself has been built for months and the FCC filings have bene public for months before that there has been little to no information about require data plans, is TXT or SMS included etc... Most rumours seem to indicate that information regarding service plans and pricing has not yet been finalised. While it may feasible to keep this info secret on purpose to confuse and confound competitotrs it make more sense to me that Apple and AT&T are still working out the details.

I would not be surprised if final pricing was not announced until 6pm on the 29th. I think a good rule of thumb will be that it will be more than your paying now but not so much as to be outrageous (for most of us).

- SR