All these people who are complaining about the iPhone

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

theraker007

Bronze
Jun 15, 2007
are simply reminding us of the flaw of every cell phone ever: they get outdated fast.

The sooner everyone accepts that this happens to every piece of electronic equipment you can possibly buy, the better. It irritates me that people are saying don't BUY AN iPhone BECAUSE SOMETHING BETTER WILL BE OUT AT CHRISTMAS..

Obviously the iPhone is no exception, but its just gaining a lot of attention.

I think it sucks that AT&T require a 2 yr contract, but from their standpoint its genius, because it really isn't stopping anyone. In fact, it almost guarentees that all these customers will stay with them beyond 2 yrs as they want to get the next iPhone which will come out in a year probably.

art

Bronze
Jun 29, 2007
are simply reminding us of the flaw of every cell phone ever: they get outdated fast.

The sooner everyone accepts that this happens to every piece of electronic equipment you can possibly buy, the better. It irritates me that people are saying don't BUY AN iPhone BECAUSE SOMETHING BETTER WILL BE OUT AT CHRISTMAS..

Obviously the iPhone is no exception, but its just gaining a lot of attention.

I think it sucks that AT&T require a 2 yr contract, but from their standpoint its genius, because it really isn't stopping anyone. In fact, it almost guarentees that all these customers will stay with them beyond 2 yrs as they want to get the next iPhone which will come out in a year probably.
I am a gambler and I like Apple products.

I figure the best case, I'm good to go. Worst case, I just gamled and lost. Just like Vegas, no big deal. The loss will only be $600 plus $175 ETF. I lose more than that just having fun gambling in Vegas. That's the best way to look at this.

For less than $800 you either win or lose, and as they say you can't win em all......:p

Marksman

Bronze
Jun 4, 2007
I have been buying gadgets, electronics and computers for ~30 years.

I can't think of a single instance where I bought something and then had it become useless because of some new product that came out.

What the iPhone will do today, it will still be able to do two years from now and then some. A new product is just that a new product. It does not impact the functionality of the iPhone or any other product. They still will work like they always did. So if that functionality is of value to you, then the item may be worth purchasing.

Twinnie

Bronze
Jun 13, 2007
Not really a lot else. It should've had GPS to be on the cutting edge where it's supposed to be at that price tag, and it should have a removable battery. But the EDGE thing kinda bottlenecks the software which is what I want it for. The whole connectivity thing on the go is what interests me, I wouldn't care if it didn't have iPod functionality.

theraker007

Bronze
Jun 15, 2007
Not really a lot else. It should've had GPS to be on the cutting edge where it's supposed to be at that price tag, and it should have a removable battery. But the EDGE thing kinda bottlenecks the software which is what I want it for. The whole connectivity thing on the go is what interests me, I wouldn't care if it didn't have iPod functionality.

i agree that edge is my single greatest concern as well, this is why im waiting 2 weeks, to really get a sense on how bad it is. or if its bearable.

dietPEPSI

Bronze
Jun 29, 2007
i agree that edge is my single greatest concern as well, this is why im waiting 2 weeks, to really get a sense on how bad it is. or if its bearable.
what is EDGE? Does that have something to do with interent?

And i think people are forgetting that its Apple and the phone is completely capable of getting software updates that add, fix, upgrade features that are already on the phone...

i have a hard time believeing that within the next 2 years Apple isn't gonna update the iPhone in some way that will make it better...

Twinnie

Bronze
Jun 13, 2007
What perplexes me is the LG Prada phone. A lot of people reckon that iPhone ripped off the basic design from this phone, which seems pretty valid. But this phone seems to suffer from the same fundamental flaw as the iPhone, in that it doesn't have 3G. This phone was designed for a market with wide 3G coverage, if it had it I may already own one.

what is EDGE? Does that have something to do with interent?

And i think people are forgetting that its Apple and the phone is completely capable of getting software updates that add, fix, upgrade features that are already on the phone...

i have a hard time believeing that within the next 2 years Apple isn't gonna update the iPhone in some way that will make it better...
EDGE is antiquated mobile internet technology, long since surpassed but since a lot of phones don't support 3G it's still around. 3G (UMTS) support would be needed to get faster mobile internet access and it won't come in a software update, it requires physical hardware on board the iPhone. This is one of those times that the exclusivity contract with AT&T has caused problems. Even if it did have a 3G chip, AT&T doesn't have decent 3G coverage so you wouldn't get to use it.