alldrop (dropbox) and pdfs?

Discussion in 'Cydia Apps' started by Got_famous06, May 7, 2014.

1. Got_famous06

Got_famous06 Member
    Bronze

so im trying to take pdfs from my pc. put them on my ipad and then upload them to dropbox from my ipad. if heard alldrop can do this but when i downloaded it i couldnt upload pdfs. i tried other system files and it worked. has anyone tried this or what should i use to do this ?

2. Europa

Europa Moderator
    Senior Moderator

You don't need a middleman app for that. Just install DropBox on your PC and upload the PDF to it. Then open DropBox on your iPad and the PDF will be there.

3. Europa

Europa Moderator
    Senior Moderator

The above solution is perfect if you just want to get the file on the iPad, but don't need to edit it on the iPad. Quickoffice Pro HD for iPad is really nice if you want to be able to edit (on the PC and the iPad) and sync various Office documents with DropBox.

4. Got_famous06

Got_famous06 Member
    Bronze

the problem is that i have so many comics im trying to cut down on time. unfortunately my home upload speed is way slow and take a wile to upload 1 20Mb pdf. so im trying to ease the load by putting some files on my ipad and upload from there wile at work and have my pc uploading. but i bought ifile and it looks like its working, just need to find out if i can do background uploading.

5. Europa

Europa Moderator
    Senior Moderator

DropBox could do this all in the background while you're at work or at night. Even though it's a slow connection, it would probably be done in several hours.

But if you would rather use iFile, that will work as well. It does have support for background uploading. Here are directions for linking iFile with your DropBox so you can directly upload to it from iFile.

• First, link your Dropbox in iFile by going to Settings -> Remote Servers.

• Navigate to the files you want to upload, press the Edit button, select the files you want to place in your Dropbox, then tap the clipboard in the bottom right, then "copy/link."

• Now to get it to Dropbox you actually have to open a new tab by pressing the stacked squares icon in the same spot as the clipboard which will only be there if you're not in edit mode.

• Click the plus sign to open a new tab, then chose Dropbox.

• In this new tab you can touch/hold for the paste menu to show. After choosing paste, it will begin uploading to your Dropbox.