Almost ready to JB

sheelz

Bronze
Jan 13, 2009
OK I'm nearly ready to bite the bullet. I run a PC/Vista Home Premium with the latest version of iTunes.

If I make a backup of my phone as it currently stands, if JB doesn't suit or work, can I restore my phone or will I have to do it as a new phone?

Thx for any help.

Picazzo

Zealot
Gold
Jan 21, 2008
Copenhagen, Denmark
OK I'm nearly ready to bite the bullet. I run a PC/Vista Home Premium with the latest version of iTunes.

If I make a backup of my phone as it currently stands, if JB doesn't suit or work, can I restore my phone or will I have to do it as a new phone?

Thx for any help.
Yes - you can use the backup to restore everything!

Just remember to set-up your JB iPhone as new! That's all... ;)

sheelz

Bronze
Jan 13, 2009
Did it!

OK I've done it - looks like it's gone OK - everything is still as it should be with the addition of the Cydia and Installer. Now then, my main thing is I want to customise my SMS tones. I found a thread somewhere the other day and have hunted high and low and can't find it :eek:

Also, I understand there's now the ability to have MMS and video - how do I do that?

questions, schmestions, I know!

Picazzo

Zealot
Gold
Jan 21, 2008
Copenhagen, Denmark
OK I've done it - looks like it's gone OK - everything is still as it should be with the addition of the Cydia and Installer. Now then, my main thing is I want to customise my SMS tones. I found a thread somewhere the other day and have hunted high and low and can't find it :eek:

Also, I understand there's now the ability to have MMS and video - how do I do that?

questions, schmestions, I know!
Seriously? Have you search here for MMS and Video on the iPhone!? Look through this sub-forum here. I think you'll find all your answers there..

sheelz

Bronze
Jan 13, 2009
thanks

cheers, pal

I think I may have sussed it - but will look at the thread anyway - I've been holding my breath for the past hour during the JB - not good for the brain, methinks

Picazzo

Zealot
Gold
Jan 21, 2008
Copenhagen, Denmark
cheers, pal

I think I may have sussed it - but will look at the thread anyway - I've been holding my breath for the past hour during the JB - not good for the brain, methinks
The best part is, that you can go back to stock firmware if you don't like the JB.

You'll find lots of answers to your question here on EIC...- first do the search thing, and then ask.. ;)