Alphabetical bar messed up in Contacts

aRiesy

Aug 30, 2008
Anyone seen something like this?

The alphabetical bar on the right side of the screen is now showing random characters and numbers instead of A-Z and #.

This happened after the phone was upgraded from 2.1 to 2.2 and unlocked with yellowsn0w.

I didn't realize that until the phone was unlocked and ready to made calls so I am not sure where in the process caused the problem.

Any thoughts on how to correct this?

Last edited by a moderator:

aRiesy

Aug 30, 2008
Can you post up a screenshot of this?
There you go...

I thought I'd change it to English interface before taking the shot and discovered another thing... the alphabetical bar worked ok with English, Japanese... etc but just not with Traditional Chinese.

It was ok with 2.1 before.
I also have another non-jailbroken phone on 2.2 seeing the problem using the same langauge setting. I'd probably report this to Apple support.

Attachments

aRiesy

Aug 30, 2008
There you go...

I thought I'd change it to English interface before taking the shot and discovered another thing... the alphabetical bar worked ok with English, Japanese... etc but just not with Traditional Chinese.

It was ok with 2.1 before.
I also have another non-jailbroken phone on 2.2 seeing the problem using the same langauge setting. I'd probably report this to Apple support.

This thread probably should be moved to another section since it turns out to be working painfully as designed.

I found the solution from another forum -
Copy /System/Library/Frameworks/AddressBook.framework/English.lproj/ABContactSections.plist to the specific langauge solves the problem on the fly.