Alpine KCE-300BT, or Pioneer 9800BT

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Justin

Bronze
Mar 6, 2007
Is anyone running either of these car stereos with their iPhone? I have each in my cars and wanted to know if there were any compatibility issues with either of them.

Justin

Bronze
Mar 6, 2007
well I picked up my iPhone today and I can report back that the alpine interface works perfect. I have not checked on the pioneer yet at the car is not running but again, the Alpine one works perfect, I am really happy with it.

Ocala

Bronze
Jun 14, 2007
Ocala, FL
Pioneer 9800BT

Is anyone running either of these car stereos with their iPhone? I have each in my cars and wanted to know if there were any compatibility issues with either of them.
I have the Pioneer and it's great. The only problems are as follows:

You need to manually connect the phone to the Bluetooth each time you get in the car. This only takes about 5 seconds for me (REALLY!) so it's no big deal...

The iPod adapter plays the music perfectly but won't CHARGE the phone. This problem has been well documented with other users, with a small number of random, unexplainable exeptions.

In my experience, the selection of songs is MUCH easier on the iPhone itself anyway, and you don't have this option when it's hooked up directly to the iPod adapter. What I do is run a stereo cable to the AUX input in the Pioneer, then to the Belkin headphone adapter and finally into the headphone jack of the iPhone. That way I can select music from the iPhone itself and still leave the bottom jack free for the charger. The phone will still mute the music for incoming calls through the Bluetooth.

Good luck!

Justin

Bronze
Mar 6, 2007
How 'bout transferring the phone book? Does it do it by itself, as it should, or do you have to do it manually?

I'm not worried about the charging issue, I don't drive this car on long trips, its more of the weekend driver :)

I have the Pioneer and it's great. The only problems are as follows:

You need to manually connect the phone to the Bluetooth each time you get in the car. This only takes about 5 seconds for me (REALLY!) so it's no big deal...

The iPod adapter plays the music perfectly but won't CHARGE the phone. This problem has been well documented with other users, with a small number of random, unexplainable exeptions.

In my experience, the selection of songs is MUCH easier on the iPhone itself anyway, and you don't have this option when it's hooked up directly to the iPod adapter. What I do is run a stereo cable to the AUX input in the Pioneer, then to the Belkin headphone adapter and finally into the headphone jack of the iPhone. That way I can select music from the iPhone itself and still leave the bottom jack free for the charger. The phone will still mute the music for incoming calls through the Bluetooth.

Good luck!