Alright guys, I'm counting on you...

BaLLi5t1c

Bronze
Jul 3, 2008
Since I've been a member of this forum I can honestly say I've found the most helpful responses and discussions ever. It really is a great place to be if you're an iPhone enthusiast.

Anyways, what I'm looking for are some suggestions (perhaps with a bit of in-depth reasoning) for great games, free and paid, that will allow me to play them continuously with short breaks in between.

I am definitely interested in Enigmo and will most likely get it but I'm under the impression that it gives bonuses for quickly completing levels. I realize that there's no penalty for taking as long as I want but I want a game(s) where I can pick it up and progress for a few minutes and if I'm occupied doing something else, resume right where I left off previously with no penalties or drawbacks to doing so.

I've already put Aurora Feint in iTunes and will sync it as soon as I actually receive my direct fulfillment order (sometime before the year is out I'm hoping LoL). Would this be an app to fill the niche I'm looking to fill?

Any other feedback on the two apps mentioned or other suggestions are very welcome and greatly appreciated.

BaLLi5t1c

Bronze
Jul 3, 2008
Anyone? Also, what's the word on Trism? I heard it's really great and the price is definitely enticing.

SmartAlx

Zealot
Gold
Jun 7, 2007
I love enigmo. Yeah, they do have bonuses for finishing fast but I've only been able to get the bonus once. And I only got a small part of the bonus and I think I got lucky too. The bonuses are ridiculous. No way can you get the max bonus. Each level can take some time and they let you restart at the level but you can't save where you are at anytime. I already wished for this myself.

BaLLi5t1c

Bronze
Jul 3, 2008
I love enigmo. Yeah, they do have bonuses for finishing fast but I've only been able to get the bonus once. And I only got a small part of the bonus and I think I got lucky too. The bonuses are ridiculous. No way can you get the max bonus. Each level can take some time and they let you restart at the level but you can't save where you are at anytime. I already wished for this myself.
I appreciate that. Have you tried out Aqua Forest or Trism by any chance? I'm intrigued by both but turned off by the reports of the framerate dipping to unplayable levels in Aqua Forest when there's a lot going on. Any other information you want to pass along would be greatly appreciated as well.

P.S. How do I "thank" someone on here (you in particular)?

Ace4261991

Silver
Jun 18, 2007
chopper man. its a great game and you can either save it at any point and resume later or i think even if you close it and open it later itll resume at the same spot. but its always better to save. the point of the game is to fly the helicopter through the level killing the enymies (guys with rockets or tanks) and picking up the hostages then bringing them back to the base where you started at. its really fun and is the only iPhone game ive ever played for longer then an hour in one sitting because iPhone game usually only entertain me for several mins. the game cost 7.99 and i love it.

heres the site
http://majicjungle.com/iPhone.html
if you have a mac you can download the iPhone demo or even the desktop version whichi think might be a trial but eithe rway you can get a taste of it before buying it

BaLLi5t1c

Bronze
Jul 3, 2008
chopper man. its a great game and you can either save it at any point and resume later or i think even if you close it and open it later itll resume at the same spot. but its always better to save. the point of the game is to fly the helicopter through the level killing the enymies (guys with rockets or tanks) and picking up the hostages then bringing them back to the base where you started at. its really fun and is the only iPhone game ive ever played for longer then an hour in one sitting because iPhone game usually only entertain me for several mins. the game cost 7.99 and i love it.

heres the site
http://majicjungle.com/iPhone.html
if you have a mac you can download the iPhone demo or even the desktop version whichi think might be a trial but eithe rway you can get a taste of it before buying it
That does look really fun. It's now on my "To-Get" list. Thanks a bunch.

Any others?

lman

Silver
Oct 18, 2007
love enigmo, unfortunately you can't start where you left on on a level, but you can start at the beginning of the latest level you reached, also positive about it which i don't think many people have mentioned is that there are many different save slots, so you can have your save slot and if someone wants to play you can open up or overwrite another one so they don't mess your game up.

trism, another great game, three different game modes (only played two of them), but i really love the game and the price is great for it. This one saves exactly where your last move was, so if you get a phone call no worries. Trism is great because you can't ever really get over it, meaning, unlike cro-mag rally, you can't finish the races and then be like what do i do know, you keep going and beat your high scores, its like tetris in that respect

I also really like motionx, there isn't as much to it, its essentially poker with dice, but it causes you to think and gamble with your die and its an easy way to entertain yourself for a few minutes since each round (3 rolls) is pretty quick, unlike enigmo, where you might need to play for a while to get a level.

I also have texas hold'em, but i don't like it as much as the other three, its still solid app and i would recommend it to someone who loves the game, but i think the other three are better.

Ace4261991

Silver
Jun 18, 2007

BaLLi5t1c

Bronze
Jul 3, 2008
Again, these forums never cease to impress me. I'm pretty much sold on Trism as is. I've been hearing rave reviews about Aurora Feint, have any of you guys had a chance to try it out yet?

The anticipation is killing me!

Side-note: Could anyone specify which of these games allow for background music (iPod) while playing?

Once again, thanks for all of the timely and helpful replies.

Ace4261991

Silver
Jun 18, 2007
chopper does not allowed background ipod music because it has its own music and the helicopter/gun/explosion sound effects. but aqua forest allows ipod playback in the background

BaLLi5t1c

Bronze
Jul 3, 2008
chopper does not allowed background ipod music because it has its own music and the helicopter/gun/explosion sound effects. but aqua forest allows ipod playback in the background
Any limit to the "Thanks" I can give you? Your responses are so fast. Makes my workday go by that much quicker having something interesting/informative to read.

Ace4261991

Silver
Jun 18, 2007
lmao i don't even care about the thanks button so don't worry bout that i don't even know what the point of it is lol just glad i could help

BaLLi5t1c

Bronze
Jul 3, 2008
lmao i don't even care about the thanks button so don't worry bout that i don't even know what the point of it is lol just glad i could help
Haha I have no clue either but I see quite a few people attempting to obtain them like it's of some value. I figured it was the least I could do.

You have any experience with the streaming radio apps? I've already put Pandora, AOL, and last.fm (I think that's the name) in iTunes on my laptop at home. Any other suggestions or warnings about any of the above mentioned or others?

Ace4261991

Silver
Jun 18, 2007
Haha I have no clue either but I see quite a few people attempting to obtain them like it's of some value. I figured it was the least I could do.

You have any experience with the streaming radio apps? I've already put Pandora, AOL, and last.fm (I think that's the name) in iTunes on my laptop at home. Any other suggestions or warnings about any of the above mentioned or others?
no Pandora is great. it really doesn't get any better than that. you have to sign up in the beginning from your computer itll tell you how to do it on theiPhone tho. and you put in a list of some of your favorite artist and then when you open it on your iPhone you can pick one of those artist or mix which will put them all together. when you click one it plays all songs that are by that artist and artist that are similar to the one you listed so its a great way to discover new songs/ artists. last.fm is good to but not as good as the version for jailbroken phones i used to have. i tried aol radio once and didn't really like it the quality was bad and i just never really used it after that,

BaLLi5t1c

Bronze
Jul 3, 2008
no Pandora is great. it really doesn't get any better than that. you have to sign up in the beginning from your computer itll tell you how to do it on theiPhone tho. and you put in a list of some of your favorite artist and then when you open it on your iPhone you can pick one of those artist or mix which will put them all together. when you click one it plays all songs that are by that artist and artist that are similar to the one you listed so its a great way to discover new songs/ artists. last.fm is good to but not as good as the version for jailbroken phones i used to have. i tried aol radio once and didn't really like it the quality was bad and i just never really used it after that,
LoL you answered all of my questions in one response including the one I asked earlier about the limit of "thanks" I could give. I was unable to thank you for this post haha.

I'm so freakin' excited about getting this phone. This direct fulfillment wait is excruciating. It's like being a little kid again waiting for Christmas. Ever see that wildly famous video of the lil' boy's reaction to receiving a Nintendo 64 for Christmas? That's going to be me in the At&t store when I finally get my 16 gb Black Beauty.

IphoneTony

Zealot
Gold
Nov 10, 2007
New Jersey
heard you say games... check out travian.com a bunch of us play that web based game on here....