Alright I just can't take it.

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Bill Gates

Bronze
Oct 24, 2007
my phone is constantly booting to the home screen no matter what I am doing. I can not do anything without being interrupted. Even the keyboard is reacting slow. So my question is since I havnt signed up with AT&T can I restore my phone and bring it in for an exchange. What should I do before I go? What should I. BRing to them? Please help I love the phone but something is seriously wrong.

ravman

Zealot
Gold
Oct 4, 2007
Mean Streets of LA.
I don't see why you cannot do that.

Have you tried a restore?

my phone is constantly booting to the home screen no matter what I am doing. I can not do anything without being interrupted. Even the keyboard is reacting slow. So my question is since I havnt signed up with AT&T can I restore my phone and bring it in for an exchange. What should I do before I go? What should I. BRing to them? Please help I love the phone but something is seriously wrong.

Youngbinks

Zealot
Gold
Jun 4, 2007
Atlanta, Georgia
Did you not unlock the iPhone yourself? If you did then I would suggest restoring it and trying to unlock it again. If this doesn't work then I would suggest restoring yet again and taking it to Apple. Although, Apple would realize how long ago the iPhone was purchased and maybe they'll ask questions as to why it hasn't been activated, yet you're having problems with it? Ah, maybe not.

ravman

Zealot
Gold
Oct 4, 2007
Mean Streets of LA.
There's nothing in Apple's terms saying that you have to activate an iPhone within x numbers of days after purchase. They only say that if you hack your phone (they got to prove it), then it renders the warranty void.

Jobs doesn't have the power of Gates yet. Only Gates can rule the world!

Did you not unlock the iPhone yourself? If you did then I would suggest restoring it and trying to unlock it again. If this doesn't work then I would suggest restoring yet again and taking it to Apple. Although, Apple would realize how long ago the iPhone was purchased and maybe they'll ask questions as to why it hasn't been activated, yet you're having problems with it? Ah, maybe not.

Youngbinks

Zealot
Gold
Jun 4, 2007
Atlanta, Georgia
There's nothing in Apple's terms saying that you have to activate an iPhone within x numbers of days after purchase. They only say that if you hack your phone (they got to prove it), then it renders the warranty void.

Jobs doesn't have the power of Gates yet. Only Gates can rule the world!
Thanks for missing the point of the 2nd half of my post completely. When he goes to return the phone saying that it just kept returning to the Home screen while using it and then the Apple Tech sees that the iPhone HASN'T been activated, it would very well might show that some hacking was done in order to get to the Home screen in the first place. Again, I said, "Ah, maybe not" thus saying this may never happen and he should have no problems with the Techs at Apple.

Bill Gates

Bronze
Oct 24, 2007
Thanks for missing the point of the 2nd half of my post completely. When he goes to return the phone saying that it just kept returning to the Home screen while using it and then the Apple Tech sees that the iPhone HASN'T been activated, it would very well might show that some hacking was done in order to get to the Home screen in the first place. Again, I said, "Ah, maybe not" thus saying this may never happen and he should have no problems with the Techs at Apple.

so what should i do

Doby45

Silver
Aug 21, 2007
Powder Springs, GA
I was under the impression that a statement was made by Apple recently that they would not service any phone that was not tied to an AT&T account. I could be wrong, but I will look for the source..