Alright time to set this baby free

AdrianCubed

Zealot
Gold
Jul 19, 2008
London or Miami
I just restarted and had to update adobe so I had to restart again I'm posing from my phone right now

AdrianCubed

Zealot
Gold
Jul 19, 2008
London or Miami
Alright computer is back on, i just uninstalled winpwn, im installing again. I hope it works, b/c this would suck if i cant even get past the installation process b/c the GUI is crappy.

AdrianCubed

Zealot
Gold
Jul 19, 2008
London or Miami
Sigh.... well i dunno what to do now. Still the same thing, its cut off from the right where u cant see.

T_T this kinda sucks b/c i wanted to jailbreak and now i cant because the program is being stupid.

Mar 30, 2008
Elizabethtown, Kentucky
Well...I don't know what could be the problem:eek:
-How about posting a thread about it to see if any of the other members can off some enlightenment on the matter;)

Then we can see if anyone else has experienced this problem

AdrianCubed

Zealot
Gold
Jul 19, 2008
London or Miami
I think i may have found the issue?
What is Dotnet Framework?

I found this its similar, but something was mentioned about the dot net framework since im on xp.

My other question, do i need all those things they listed? Winpwn, Firmware 2.0.2 Bootloaded 3.9 or 4.6 files? I think those are for the v1.

Mar 30, 2008
Elizabethtown, Kentucky
I think i may have found the issue?
What is Dotnet Framework?

I found this its similar, but something was mentioned about the dot net framework since im on xp.

My other question, do i need all those things they listed? Winpwn, Firmware 2.0.2 Bootloaded 3.9 or 4.6 files? I think those are for the v1.
No the bootloaders are for the v1 unlocking part, since the 3G cant be unlocked all you can is jailbreak which you'll be doing in about 30min if that dot net framework is the problem with your winpwn;)

AdrianCubed

Zealot
Gold
Jul 19, 2008
London or Miami
Alright good. Now... just what the hell is dot net framework jeez.

I was hoping to be downloading skins by now lol.

Mar 30, 2008
Elizabethtown, Kentucky
Alright good. Now... just what the hell is dot net framework jeez.

I was hoping to be downloading skins by now lol.
Haha its funny cause the "frame" of view in Winpwn is what was stopping you from moving forward, and then you notice that you might be missing the dot net "framework" program to make it viewable:p

scudder

Bronze
Mar 4, 2008
Edinburgh
If you only want to JB and do not require a modified firmware, go and use Quickpwn. All you need including great guides are over on the hackintosh.org forums :)
Winpwn is too advanced for your needs...

AdrianCubed

Zealot
Gold
Jul 19, 2008
London or Miami
If you only want to JB and do not require a modified firmware, go and use Quickpwn. All you need including great guides are over on the hackintosh.org forums :)
Winpwn is too advanced for your needs...
I want to beable to have themes, and stuff. Its not that its advanced, its pretty simple..the problem is with the actual program Winpwn not displaying correctly on my computer.

I want to have themes, and custom batteries etc. If i quickpwn will i beable to still get them?

AdrianCubed

Zealot
Gold
Jul 19, 2008
London or Miami
Alright, so im officially jailbroken! The screen loaded up and said iPWNED with WinPwn 2.5. I used Quickpwn instead of basic, its faster and makes more sense since currently theres no unlock for iPhone 3G.

So im pretty much working by myself since everyone is sleeping.

So now what? The phone says its jailbroken, but i don't see installer or cydia or bossprefs...unless i have to download those separate lol.
----------------------------------------------------------------

Update... im such an idiot... i forgot that you have to restore to the custom IPSW in iTunes so that cydia and all the important stuff gets put on the phone....so i open up iTunes only to find this.

"iTunes could not connect to the iPhone because an invalid response was received from the device"

.....So im stuck (raises hand for help). Help. because if i cant connect to iTunes then i cant restore to the custom IPSW or i cant even restore to reverse the jail break...kinda worried i f'd up everything T_T

iPhone™

Bronze
Oct 4, 2008
Australia
I had this app called "Nim" or "Mim" or something like that, which allowed me to do that
It's called 'MiM' and it stands for Make it Mine.

It's available through Cydia.

And to the problem,

Um..

crap.

I think you did something wrong :(

AdrianCubed

Zealot
Gold
Jul 19, 2008
London or Miami
Well... im going to try and jailbreak it again, i hope all goes well.

Update: I tried jailbreaking it again, the process went through fine, but im still getting the same message from iTunes.
Now i am VERY worried. Heres a sum up of what happened.

• 2.1(most current) iPhone 3G and iTunes (most Current)

• Decided to jailbreak, downloaded winpwn 2.5

• Connected iPhone powered it off, went through the Quickpwn process selecting 2.0.2 FW.

• Device was successfuly pwned as shown by startup screen. Phone works like nothing happened.

• Opened up iTunes to restore to the custom IPSW, and iTunes isn't detecting the iPhone saying "iTunes could not connect to the iPhone because an invalid response was received from the device"

• Tried doing the jailbreak process over but received the same message from iTunes.
Cmon EIC... help me out!

SikShift

Zealot
Gold
Jul 22, 2008
Bradenton, FL
Hmm, it took me a whole 10 minutes to do the jailbreak process from start to finish.

If I remember right, after I had DL WinPwn, I synced and backed up my iPhone with iTunes, and while it was still connected, opened up WinPwn, and just followed the instructions and BAM! I was done.

AdrianCubed

Zealot
Gold
Jul 19, 2008
London or Miami
dude im about to panic because i cant take the device to an Apple store b/c if they restart it and see [PWNED!] they will remove my warranty and refuse to help. I was hoping the jailbreak process was going to take me like 30min tops...im very comp savvy, but right now its looking like checkmate if i cant even connect to restore to my backup i did before i started the JB.