Alternate Installer/AppTap Source

x999x

Gold
Aug 6, 2007
Hey Y'all, I just stumbled upon a new source for Installer/AppTap. Its basically a ton of themes for pretty much everything, even the keyboard, as well as more ringtones and a few odds-and-ends apps.

To add these new sources to your Installer/Apptap, just download attached PackageSources.plist to var/root/Library/Installer/

If you want to delete this new Source, just go to Sources and delete the entry "HighTymes.org"

NOTE - iUnlock is available as an UNSUPPORTED HACK in the application list, I do not recommend you fiddle with this out of curiosty. lol

I've taken some pics of whats available to save yourself the install time.

iShare Install Code & Instructions
If you want to install this through iShare, you'll first need to use MobileFinder and browse to:

var/root/Library/Installer/

and delete PackageSources.plist

Next, launch iShare and download the new PackageSources.plist to the directory above using the code below:

PackageSources.plist: secf0y

Original PackageSources.plist: r6etau
(delete the alternate PackaeSources.plist with mobilefinder first)

*Note - you may need to press the folder labled ".." to browse up one folder and so on until you reach the main directory where the "var" folder is found. Once there, tap it and keep browsing "root" > "Library" > "Installer"

Attachments

Last edited by a moderator:

jjvaldez

Gold
Jul 3, 2007
Salinas, Ca
i have installed this but i haven't installed any of thte cool stuff that is on there, there are warnings that say that doing this might be unsafe.. i don't know if i can trust this...

i rather not ....

i deleted the origionala installer file can somone PLEASE post it via ishare PLEASE.. thanks

iphonecrazyy

Bronze
Aug 15, 2007
Awesome, had no clue about this. I Plan on re-hacking my iPhone pending the feedback from the new iPhone update, and I will definitely give this a try.

thanks

jjvaldez

Gold
Jul 3, 2007
Salinas, Ca
with all the warnings im not sure that i want to use any of these..........................

x999x

Gold
Aug 6, 2007
i have installed this but i haven't installed any of thte cool stuff that is on there, there are warnings that say that doing this might be unsafe.. i don't know if i can trust this...

i rather not ....

i deleted the origionala installer file can somone PLEASE post it via ishare PLEASE.. thanks
Original PackageSources.plist: r6etau

jjvaldez

Gold
Jul 3, 2007
Salinas, Ca
x999x... what do you think about the sutuff that is on threre? have you ised any of it even after the warnning?

thanks

Bilal

Bronze
Sep 25, 2007
Using Ishare i just find
library/installer/temp/ and there is nothing in temp

Anyone wanna help me out

Tinman

Evangelist
Gold
Jul 16, 2007
Aridzona
Using Ishare i just find

Anyone wanna help me out
You shouldn't be looking in temp. The instructions said to go to var/root/Library/Installer/.

--
Mike

jjvaldez

Gold
Jul 3, 2007
Salinas, Ca
Using Ishare i just find

Anyone wanna help me out
i share does not let you see all the files that are there... don't dump it in the temp folder just dump it in the same area that folder is in.. just rememebr to move the origional file first.... you cannnot have both files with the same name in the same place.....

good luck

Bilal

Bronze
Sep 25, 2007
i share does not let you see all the files that are there... don't dump it in the temp folder just dump it in the same area that folder is in.. just rememebr to move the origional file first.... you cannnot have both files with the same name in the same place.....

good luck
How do i dl from ishare.

I go to ishare and then add the code to the existing download url.

It takes me to a folder containing library folder and media folder.

What do i do from there?

x999x

Gold
Aug 6, 2007
How do i dl from ishare.

What do i do from there?
*Note - you may need to press the folder labled ".." to browse up one folder and so on until you reach the main directory where the "var" folder is found. Once there, tap it and keep browsing "root" > "Library" > "Installer"

x999x... what do you think about the sutuff that is on threre? have you ised any of it even after the warnning?

thanks
I have 2 rules of thumb with my iPhone and mods/hacks/apps and its this:

1 - I won't install software that physically affects my default files, like images and plists. I don't have a full backup of my iPhone and you'd be amazed at the differences between one site's "default icons" compared to another's.

2 - I won't use programs that take my iPhone farther than just being able to run native 3rd party apps. Those types of hacks usually involve command lines, and for me thats always a recipe for disaster.

--

So, of what I have tried and seen in that new Source theres only one real thing I had a problem with, and that was iUnlock. With the iPhone update around the corner I don't even want to see iUnlock's info page in installer, so I mentioned it in my original post as a warning to others. I mean iBrickr has AnySIM in it's repository so its not like this new Source is intentionally devious.

Lastly, this alternate Source was brought to my attention on another forum, it's maintaner actually packaged my TapTapRevolution graphic mod and added it to his Installer source. Notice it in the first screenshot? COLORS: TTR Theme ;) Now installing the mod is as simple as one click!

Last edited by a moderator:

jjvaldez

Gold
Jul 3, 2007
Salinas, Ca
How do i dl from ishare.

What do i do from there?

you are close .. dump it in the var/root/Library/Installer/

hope that this helps

snowcrash

Bronze
Jul 7, 2007
Its kinda weak. I installed it and tried some of the themes and stuff like that but over all they wernt that good overall. It was cool to have some more stuff to choose from, but overall I didn't see anything that impressive to go through the effort to install the new file.

bgattis

Sep 10, 2007
If I wanted to add these manually since I am at work how would I go about doing this. There are two different links for each. I have tried adding them in by the url and it doesn't look right.

xSoNiCcRaCkErSx

Bronze
Jun 30, 2007
Is it just me or have previous applications on the old installer source gone missing? And a lot of the themes don't work on 1.0.2 for me at least. Are a majority 1.1.1 summer board themes? I think I'm going to switch back to the old. Good source though, thanks x999x

Tinman

Evangelist
Gold
Jul 16, 2007
Aridzona
Is it just me or have previous applications on the old installer source gone missing? And a lot of the themes don't work on 1.0.2 for me at least. Are a majority 1.1.1 summer board themes? I think I'm going to switch back to the old. Good source though, thanks x999x
I think one of the sources has a different URL now, so if you use the plist from the first post it might have the older links.

Try the one attached to this message--it works fine.

--
MIke

Attachments

xSoNiCcRaCkErSx

Bronze
Jun 30, 2007
I think one of the sources has a different URL now, so if you use the plist from the first post it might have the older links.

Try the one attached to this message--it works fine.

--
MIke
Thanks Tinman, worked like a charm. :laugh2:

NeO2

Nov 18, 2007
How To...?

so how do i get to var/root/ etc etc?