Alternate to iTunes and Amazon?

acosmichippo

Genius
Platinum
Sep 10, 2007
DC
So i'm trying to purchase a song that's part of a compilation... it's really the only one that i'm interested in, but both iTunes and Amazon only sell the song as part of the album... not on its own.

where else can i try to purchase this thing?

Sometimes they make it so hard to stay legal...

miggs1310

Bronze
Jul 29, 2008
download bitlord (free download), go to isohunt.com, get your song.

iCafe

Dec 11, 2007
www.wwtdd.com
So i'm trying to purchase a song that's part of a compilation... it's really the only one that i'm interested in, but both iTunes and Amazon only sell the song as part of the album... not on its own.

where else can i try to purchase this thing?

Sometimes they make it so hard to stay legal...
www.limewire.com

acosmichippo

Genius
Platinum
Sep 10, 2007
DC
right... I suppose I should have qualified that with "legal".

acosmichippo

Genius
Platinum
Sep 10, 2007
DC
legal, moral... all of the above.

i enjoy the song, and want to compensate the people responsible for it accordingly.

jjvaldez

Gold
Jul 3, 2007
Salinas, Ca
i think that if you try to look for it and it is not there, then limwire the ONE song, [i know you have the moral thing and all that, we have argued about this] DL the song and there, you are not selling it, or making money of one effing song.

you could have expected that answer there [ limewire it], i am sure that knew that already....

Jul 6, 2007
Marietta, GA
about.me
I really do hate when a song is "Album Only". It puts a damper on thing quite a bit.
Wow its hard to believe how spoiled iTunes has made us. I still remember when there was no such thing as iTunes, or iPods, and everyone used CD players (and some of you remember 8 tracks and records, etc) and the only way to buy music was to buy the whole CD. Now people are mad when you can't buy one little song.

I agree with hippo. It is against the law and we shouldn't be persuading him to go against the law and his own morals. I am the same as you, I can't illeagally download a song, unless I don't have anymore iTunes credits, so I limewire it, but then buy it from iTunes once I get the money.

acosmichippo

Genius
Platinum
Sep 10, 2007
DC
i've checked about 6 other mp3 sites, and none of them have had anywhere near the selection of iTunes or Amazon... go figure.

jjvaldez

Gold
Jul 3, 2007
Salinas, Ca
heh, hippos morals are all weird, he wont DL music from limewire abut he'll put music on his families ipods [they didn't buy it] this is worst then DL imo.

acosmichippo

Genius
Platinum
Sep 10, 2007
DC
fair use. perfectly legal and i don't see how it's worse than downloading pirated music.

jjvaldez

Gold
Jul 3, 2007
Salinas, Ca
it is, they didn't buy it and they get to have it on their ipods?

just dl and pretend that u got it off another persons ipod, same concept ...

acosmichippo

Genius
Platinum
Sep 10, 2007
DC
not really, because the people that deserve to be paid for their services will not have been compensated.

coasts

Zealot
Gold
Jul 15, 2007
New York, NY
www.lomohomes.com
heh, hippos morals are all weird, he wont DL music from limewire abut he'll put music on his families ipods [they didn't buy it] this is worst then DL imo.
im with hippo on this one...not that i can claim complete innocence...

sharing music with your family is no different than them borrowing your CDs. if an entire family loved the same band they wouldn't each go buy a copy of the disc...theyd share it...amongst themselves...not the whole world.

still, whats the song?

miggs1310

Bronze
Jul 29, 2008
bands sign record deals, they get paid way before you buy a song from iTunes, and they make most of their money from touring. so, dowload the song and if you feel guilty about it and really want to support them, go to a concert or buy a t-shirt.

i think radiohead did it the right way with "in rainbows"...