Alternative browser?

Edwin Walker

Bronze
Oct 10, 2014
Is there an alternative browser to safari?
I am the administrator on my mac and i need to set up parental control on mac. Im aware that u cannot control parental control on admin account. Im hoping i canninstall a different browser and control it from from that

Dec 15, 2008
Pensacola, FL
I'm a little confused with what you're asking with the browsers. You can setup parental controls for another account/profile on your Mac.

Europa

Senior Moderator
Dec 12, 2008
Utah
Is there an alternative browser to safari?
I am the administrator on my mac and i need to set up parental control on mac. Im aware that u cannot control parental control on admin account. Im hoping i canninstall a different browser and control it from from that
Yes. You can install Chrome or Firefox on your Mac. You can also set up parental controls on Safari if you don't want to install another browser.
http://www.ehow.com/how_2033322_set-parental-controls.html

Mrallank59

Contributor
Bronze
Jan 8, 2013
Along these lines, is Safari better than Google Chrome? I had GC set as my default browser. Today, I decided to switch over to Safari. Smart move, bad move, or, six one way, half a dozen the other?

Europa

Senior Moderator
Dec 12, 2008
Utah
Safari is probably "best" for a Mac if you look at total features and Apple integration. I still use Chrome, though. It's what I'm used to and I have it set up just right. I also like to keep my Mac bookmarks separate from my phone bookmarks, so it works out perfectly.