Alternative keyboard for the iPhone

sherryw

Sep 15, 2009
Hello,

We are looking for a few iPhone users to evaluate our alternative keyboard for
the iPhone. So if you feel that the current QEWRTY keyboard on the iPhone is not doing the job, please read on.

We have a free download on the app store (MessagEase) which implements our alternative keyboard concept. This has been available for other devices, but not
for the iPhone until now.

A caveat: since Apple tightly restricts the keyboard functionality on the
iPhone, this app does not replace the QWERTY keyboard everywhere. Rather, within the confines of the app it demonstrates how the principles of this new keyboard works. Still, you can create text and with it you can twit, email,\ browse, and search.

pradley

Bronze
Oct 20, 2008
This is a one-hand keyboard, and I will play with it, but I don't see how it is faster than two thumbs on the landscape iPhone keyboard.

sherryw

Sep 15, 2009
Could be two handed

This is a one-hand keyboard, and I will play with it, but I don't see how it is faster than two thumbs on the landscape iPhone keyboard.
This could be operated either with one hand, or with two thumbs. Using multi touch it can detect overlapping taps or slides, although that is not implemented in this version.

The speed comes from the fact that the buttons are larger and fewer, thereforee faster to target.