Alternative to stock earphones

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Kaho

Jul 18, 2007
Hello everyone, Just joined the EIP forums and figured i'd share this with anyone looking for an alternative to headphones that come w/ the iPhone. A company called Rivetnow is manufacturing a bud-style earphone w/ an in-line mic/multi button for the iPhone that i can confirm works w/ both the iPhone's phone and ipod apps. They're not BT, but they seem to be working pretty well for me so far.

erroneous

Bronze
Jun 23, 2007
iPhone users include a huge segment
of people (you, and I) not at all "clued" in with the latest,
and greatest "jargon".

What does "BT" stand for?

(And, I'll take my answer off line.)

John ~~~

Ryukyu

Bronze
Jun 15, 2007
Hello everyone, Just joined the EIP forums and figured i'd share this with anyone looking for an alternative to headphones that come w/ the iPhone. A company called Rivetnow is manufacturing a bud-style earphone w/ an in-line mic/multi button for the iPhone that i can confirm works w/ both the iPhone's phone and ipod apps. They're not BT, but they seem to be working pretty well for me so far.
I didn't see any mention on the website of the in-line mic/button working for the iPod functions.
So you are saying that it has the same functionality as the standard Apple iPhone earbuds?
How is the sound? Can you compare it to some other earphones?
Thanks.

Ryukyu

Bronze
Jun 15, 2007
for those who may be interested in these, I emailed Rivet today about the functionality of the controls.
The response I received was that they DO NOT forward tracks when you double click in iPod mode.:(

Kaho

Jul 18, 2007
I don't know who you talked to at rivet, but the pair i have progresses through songs when the multi-button is double-pushed. :confused:

Ryukyu

Bronze
Jun 15, 2007
I don't know who you talked to at rivet, but the pair i have progresses through songs when the multi-button is double-pushed. :confused:
Here's the response:

Our iPhone headset does not include all the functions on the stock iPhone
headsets. Ours do not skip music tracks when you press the mic button twice.

Thank you,

Fon Chen
Rivet International, Inc.
Ph: (858) 793-4433 Fax: (858) 793-4436
Email: fon@rivetnow.com

But to be honest, I am happy that he is incorrect. :)
Thanks for letting us know about that.
Also, I read a review on the headset without the mic, and they were compared to a set of Sony Fontopia MDR 51s, and the reviewer thought the Rivets sounded better.

burniksapwet

Silver
Jul 5, 2007
Does it also fade out when there is an incoming call? Is it pretty much just like the stock earphones we got? Feature wise I mean.

section8joe

Bronze
Jul 16, 2007
Has anyone actually bought a pair of there? I'd like to get them too. I see that verison and walmart sells this brand but I can't find anything on their websites.

jjvaldez

Gold
Jul 3, 2007
Salinas, Ca
aight i like them, i see that they are cool and in ear is a plus.. KAHO do you have to ware them behind the back of your neck like the website shows or can they be worn like the regular ones.... thanks [ i don't like the behind the neck thing that SONY does with their headphones]

Ryukyu

Bronze
Jun 15, 2007
Has anyone actually bought a pair of there? I'd like to get them too. I see that verison and walmart sells this brand but I can't find anything on their websites.
Amazon sells them for $19.99.
Just read an article comparing these to the Apple supplied headphones.
You can read it here.
This guy says that the Apple ones fit great.
Is that the case for most people? I don't hear a lot of people complaining about this.
I can't keep those things in my ears for more than a few seconds before they come loose.
In an earlier post, I mentioned another review that compared the ear phone only version of the Rivets to some Sony Fontopias. In that one, the guy said they sounded better than the Sonys, so I guess it's all a crap shoot and everyone has to find out for themselves.
Personally I think the Sonys are way better than the Apple ones.

Quilliam

Jul 8, 2007
Can we get a second conformation that hitting the button twice skips songs (even though CS says it does not)

Not saying I don't believe you, just saying it would be my luck you got some bugged one that does that and mine would not! lol