alternatives to griffin autopilot?

ggersch

Jul 28, 2008
Hi,

I'm looking for a car charger adapter that also has a line-out to car stereo aux-in jack/cable.

The Griffin Autopilot is very close:
http://www.griffintechnology.com/products/autopilot

BUT, it is not fully compatible with the 3G. According to their support page it pops a warning message every time you plug it in. This might have something to do with the remote control buttons, which are worthless to me. The power jacks on my car are way out of sight.

So, anyone have any good alternatives? Cheaper would be nice too.

Thx,
Greg

jlhollander

Bronze
Aug 17, 2007
Chicago, IL
At the current time, I think that this is the only option. I have this in my car, and while it does say that it it not compatible, it works. Until either they come out with a compatible one, or a integration kit for my car, I am going to have to use this one.

Tex

Silver
Jul 15, 2008
Philly
You can also try using this one:

DLO Auto Charger for iPhone

I got this from best buy on July 12th. ~$20. Works great! unlike iPod chargers, these iPhone chargers do not seem to lock into place, so just be careful and keep it in a place it wont get knocked around.
Work great, and chargers fast.

MoFunz

Jun 27, 2008
I have an autopilot myself, and it definitely works just fine. For the foreseeable future the ipod controls on the charger also work, however they disclaim that this could possibly stop working in the future if Apple changes the way the iPhone receives commands from external controllers.

I use the autopilot in combination with a Bracketron vent mount, which is working out quite well for me. As soon as turn by turn nav is available Ill truly be in businesss.