Alternatives to tapatalk

Bennyboy

Genius
Platinum
Jul 21, 2010
PA
Besides the everythingicafe app I've always used tapatalk which allowed me to browses through all the forums I'm a member at, included some that don't have an app on the app store.
Tapatalk stopped working, I deleted the app, deleted from iTunes, re-synced my iPhone, rebooted and nothing, still crashes at login. What's a good alternative to tapatalk, I don't care how much it costs I just want something that works, or if you have any suggestions to the crashes that would be nice, it's once I sign in.
Thanks in advanced.

Bennyboy

Genius
Platinum
Jul 21, 2010
PA
I'm ok using safari, it's just so much easier for me to have it all in one place, plus with safari i cant upload pictures on the forum. I checked the app store and I couldn't find anything like tapatalk except couple that might not even have the forums I need like this one for example.
Now if this stupid app would just start working again.

Europa

Senior Moderator
Dec 12, 2008
Utah
I just upload pictures to a photo-sharing site and link to it. This is the way we did it before these apps were around and I don't mind continuing to do it that way.

I think a lot of people don't see Mobile Safari as an alternate means of accessing the site. It's app or nothing for so many of them and I don't get that.

Napoleon PhoneApart

Senior Moderator
Jun 19, 2007
Upper Marlboro, MD
I think a lot of people don't see Mobile Safari as an alternate means of accessing the site. It's app or nothing for so many of them and I don't get that.
Mobile Safari? What's that?! Is that like some kinda car you ride in when you hunt wild animals in Africa or sumthin'?

Bulletin! Late-breaking news! iPhones now have a browser included! :D

acosmichippo

Genius
Platinum
Sep 10, 2007
DC
additionally, site owners/developers seem to neglect testing the site on mobile devices, because their solution is "just use the app (or mobile version of the site)". Not saying that's the case with Chris and eiC, but it is on a lot of other sites I go to.

Bennyboy

Genius
Platinum
Jul 21, 2010
PA
This might come as breaking news to you all but I know what safari is LOL the question wasn't how to use safari, but how I can replace tapatalk or at least make the damn thing work again. I don't want to jump over pages and pages and zooming in and and out just to be able to read posts, I want to post a pic on safari? I'm out of luck. it's not convenient to me if I have to jump between 4 forums each day, if wanting the ability to have everything in one app simplified for the small screen of the iPhone is a sin then I'm the devil :D

Europa

Senior Moderator
Dec 12, 2008
Utah
I can post a pic here with Mobile Safari in less than 60 seconds. I consider it very convenient. You shouldn't need to zoom in landscape mode. Selecting a bookmark to navigate to a new forum isn't inconvenient. Tapatalk may be simplified, but it removes important features so I don't use it.

Sorry, I don't have a solution for the Tapatalk problem other than using Mobile Safari.

Bennyboy

Genius
Platinum
Jul 21, 2010
PA
I can post a pic here with Mobile Safari in less than 60 seconds. I consider it very convenient. You shouldn't need to zoom in landscape mode. Selecting a bookmark to navigate to a new forum isn't inconvenient. Tapatalk may be simplified, but it removes important features so I don't use it.

Sorry, I don't have a solution for the Tapatalk problem other than using Mobile Safari.
That's using photobucket right? oh no it's cool mindi thanks for your help, I wasn't ranting at you guys, it's been a long day and my sense of humor is shut lol

Bennyboy

Genius
Platinum
Jul 21, 2010
PA
not only that it's not convenient, tapatalk just makes it easier on people like me that don't need the extra feature. I do feel like a fish out of water when I use safari for example here on EIC, there's so much more. I just like simple things, and the app gave me that. I have a photobucket and Picasa, I'll use that in the meantime. thanks again :)

acosmichippo

Genius
Platinum
Sep 10, 2007
DC
you might also want to try changing the form style to "Mobile [beta]". It will resemble the app a little more than the full site.

click here to choose a new style: