Alternatives where to buy iPhones

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by KevTN, May 20, 2012.

1. KevTN

KevTN Member
    Bronze

Hey...with Verizon's bone head move of lying to those saying that the unlimited plans would be grandfathered in. A key to getting around this is not to sign a new contract. With this thought and my wife and daughter wanting the iPhone 5 when it comes out. Are there vendors who sell directly to the consumer?

Thanks

Oh I am not trying to cheat Verizon I am just ticked off how they think they can just screw their consumers...yes I could switch carriers but in the area I live big red has the best coverage ( dang it. Lol)

2. (L)

(L) Contributor
    Bronze

Most likely directly from Apple but you'd have to pay full retail price

Sent from my iPhone 4S using iCafe

3. My-phone

My-phone Member
    Bronze

My unlimited plan was grandfathered in when I moved to an iPhone. I have VZW.

4. (L)

(L) Contributor
    Bronze

You'll be grandfathered in but a soon as you upgrade to a different phone that will cause you to lose the unlimited plan.

Sent from my iPhone 4S using iCafe

5. My-phone

My-phone Member
    Bronze

I don't mean to be disagreeable, but I had an unlimited data plan when I bought my Droid X2. When I upgraded to the iPhone I kept the unlimited plan. I have had an unlimited plan since they came out and I got my Blackberry 5 years ago.

6. My-phone

My-phone Member
    Bronze

NewEgg and Tiger Direct will have the phones at some point. Best Buy and VZW branded stores will have them too. Just be prepared to wait. We know there will be a back log when they come out.